• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-Men #110 Original art

50 posts in this topic

Not to mention the fact that it seems a large percentage of OA collectors are just elitist azzholes.

They`re not elitist! lol

Reall? What would you call the "I would'nt pizz on you if you were on fire" attitude that's given off by so many?

well i just did some research , turns out there is a guy in chicago who posted on craigslist for original art for sale. i emailed him he said he sold everything for 50-100 a piece so if this is the same guy good job nice find. if not man , im wondering what is the big deal on telling us about your find , why so serious lol.

im sure we would all like to hear of the deal of the century, we all love to get that one big find !!!!!!!

well i just did some research , turns out there is a guy in chicago who posted on craigslist for original art for sale. i emailed him he said he sold everything for 50-100 a piece so if this is the same guy good job nice find.

We didn't get the art at an estate sale so you're way off base on your "guess". And did you bother to ask him if he sold any X-Men #110 art? Probably not. :makepoint:

if not man , im wondering what is the big deal on telling us about your find , why so serious lol.

How is this:

"Hi guys. I obtained my 1st piece of original comic art today, which happens to be page 3 from X-Men #110 and signed by Chris Claremont along the bottom of the panel.

Can anyone tell me the approximate market value of this piece?

Thanks,

Shark"

making a big deal out of my original art "find"? One simple question brings out all of the rats from the woodwork I guess. (shrug)

im sure we would all like to hear of the deal of the century, we all love to get that one big find !!!!!!!

Now it may just be me but if someone buys to keep I have more sympathy for paying bargin prices than when the "collector" buys it to resell it the very next day. My stomach turned when I heard of the dealer who went to Curt Cobain's grandfather living in a trailer and bought all the artwork that he owned for pennies on the dollar just to flip it the next day. If it was a devoted fan who bought the artwork then I don't think that would bother me. The other posters here giving you a hard time may feel the same way.

Are you asking as a buyer or a seller?

By asking what it is worth some may wonder what your intentions are. Perhaps you are taking advantage of an old timer who doesn't know that the market has gone up as much as it did in the past few years only to flip it to the same people you are now asking advice from on it's market value. If you think about that for a second you may see why they may not be as helpful as you would like them to be.

Sour grapes? Perhaps a bit of that too. I don't know the people here individually well enough to know why the feel the way they do.

Greed pure and simple.

Now it may just be me but if someone buys to keep I have more sympathy for paying bargin prices than when the "collector" buys it to resell it the very next day. My stomach turned when I heard of the dealer who went to Curt Cobain's grandfather living in a trailer and bought all the artwork that he owned for pennies on the dollar just to flip it the next day. If it was a devoted fan who bought the artwork then I don't think that would bother me. The other posters here giving you a hard time may feel the same way.

Are you asking as a buyer or a seller?

By asking what it is worth some may wonder what your intentions are. Perhaps you are taking advantage of an old timer who doesn't know that the market has gone up as much as it did in the past few years only to flip it to the same people you are now asking advice from on it's market value. If you think about that for a second you may see why they may not be as helpful as you would like them to be.

Sour grapes? Perhaps a bit of that too. I don't know the people here individually well enough to know why the feel the way they do.

Greed pure and simple.

I've owned a one of kind Cobain item since the 90's so I have been keeping track of these things.

Here is the link for the quote below. If the art of Cobain interests you at all it is an interesting read.

http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2004/1227/180.html

"That guy was Richard Kohl, 57, a longtime sports and rock memorabilia dealer in Gainesville, Fla. He's also the one who tracked down Cobain's 81-year-old grandfather, Leland, in his Montesano, Wash. trailer in August and gave him $16,000 for a bunch of Kurt's effects. Among them were three early watercolors, two signed cards, two handmade cards, two sketches--of Donald Duck and Goofy, made when Kurt was 6--and a handwritten note. Every Cobain thing, in fact, that Leland still owned.

Kohl sold the lot for $50,000 to Edward Kosinski, a New York art dealer. Kosinski has so far pocketed $15,300 for three of those items, sold in Monterey, and has another two pieces up for bid at the Christie's auction. If they sell at the low end of the estimates, they'll bring in another $20,000. "