• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THERE IS NOW A DD 7 CGC 9.6

176 posts in this topic

what price would this book bring given last 9.2 sold for $6k??!!

A heck of alot more then it is worth !

I would guess this book could bring in 30K. This is an incredible find for a label-whore.

A question to the ultra high grade fiends on this board; knowing it used to be a 9.2, would you pay the same price for this book that you would for a "virgin" 9.6, considering it's a PC and a really tough book? I know no "virgin" exists yet, but indulge me.

I would guess this book could bring in 30K. This is an incredible find for a label-whore.

1. It's pressed. It is no longer a pedigree. Pedigree books that are pressed have lost the history.

2. Show me one, just ONE person who would pay 30K for that book raw.

Discuss

1. It's pressed. It is no longer a pedigree. Pedigree books that are pressed have lost the history.

Discuss

1) All that matters is the label. If it says PC on the label, it's a PC. If it says 9.6 on the label, it's a 9.6.

2) I can't. All that matters is the label.

Discuss

1. Incorrect.

2. Who cares? If I had the money, I would buy it just for spite.

Discuss

1. Incorrect.

2. Who cares? If I had the money, I would buy it just for spite.

1. Im the minority. I dont care about pressing books. But not pedigrees.

2. lol

Maybe Danny Boy would buy it raw... He'd color touch it, trim it, press it... Then Ebay that puppy as a un touched 9.8!!

No, no, no. Danny buys 7.5's, gets them to 9.4, then sells them as 9.8's with the help of photoshop.

That seems to be a bit of an extreme view on pressed pedigrees, no? Might as well start taking the pedigree notation off most of the books on the market if that is the case.

Let's go one better. Let's say that only raw pedigrees still retain their pedigree status. By being slabbed we have altered its past as well as its future. We can have a motto, "Once it's slabbed that's just too bad."

That seems to be a bit of an extreme view on pressed pedigrees, no? Might as well start taking the pedigree notation off most of the books on the market if that is the case.

Let's go one better. Let's say that only raw pedigrees still retain their pedigree status. By being slabbed we have altered its past as well as its future. We can have a motto, "Once it's slabbed that's just too bad."

I like the motto.

Hows this. I wouldnt press a pedigree.

And I wonder how many have already been pressed.

I admit it, halfazzed comment.

What is too bad is that I wanted to be the first to find a 9.6 copy of this book.

:makepoint:

If that is the old PC copy I thought even at 9.4 it was borderline but CGC has always been a bit more loose on tough books.

That book would likely fetch insane money.

R.

"Once entombed, the book is doomed".

"Once entombed, the book is doomed".

You have been waiting for just the right time to whip that one out, haven't you?