• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

Ya... Sometimes I wonder if Kirkman is to busy with WD and the TV show for this book. Imagine how busy he is going to be when the ToT TV show is out at the same time as WD... I still hold out hope for a Movie in the Invincible Universe because honestly this is the best and most underrated super hero franchise on the market.

Always wanted to get this run but thought it was a bit pricey. So today I decided to go to Half Price books after lunch and was rummaging through there comics. I spotted an Invincible #5 about half way through a long box that was on the floor, then behind was 4,3,2 and 1. Got pretty excited over that but it didn't end there. About 3/4 the way through there was a fat stack of #5-30 and 75. Jackpot and for only 25 cents each with a total cost of $8 and some change :whee:. Sorry had to share this cause I'm pretty stoked about it.

5cac98d4-40c9-40e7-9df0-0bc2d251c908

9e92e753-2c7d-492d-9167-005ff676b58b

I wouldn't be at all surprised if this has been pointed out before, so apologies if I'm being slow.

I've been watching all of Dragonball from the start with my son, and noticed a lot of similarities. Could have been a source of inspiration for Kirkman?

Saiyans (Viltrumites) are super-powered aliens who conquer the universe by sending out 'sleeper' individuals to soften up and prepare planets one by one. Goku (Omniman) is assigned planet Earth and sent there, where he has a son by a human wife. Goku and his son (Invincible) reject their Saiyan heritage, having been raised as human. The Saiyans' home planet Vegeta (Viltrum) is destroyed leaving only a handful of their race.

Add to that the fact that Allen becomes stronger every time he is beaten close to death, which is also true of Saiyans.

Of course a lot of that (super alien from destroyed home world becomes protector of Earth) is straight from Superman, but it's got the added Dragonball details don't you think?

Just got done reading the first eight issues and all I can say is that I'm definitely hooked on this series. Yeah I know I'm a little late. lol

Only the first 8 issues? Let us know what you think in a few issues.

Best super hero book EVER!