• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"We Don't Like Ike!"

7 posts in this topic

To all of my fellow Texans, especially you guys down in the Galveston/Houston area......I hope that you are all ok. I am sure Richard high tailed it to his ranch with Timelys and Church books in tow, but my prayers are with all of you guys.

My in-laws left Houston at 4am this morning headed to my house in Austin, but my wife's grand parents chose to stay. I truly fear that their house will be under about 4-5 feet of water before this monster is done.

Galveston is already starting to flood and the waves are smashing up over the sea wall. When Galveston floods, it carries all of that water up the ship channel and could devastate large parts of Houston. All it takes is an inch of rain to flood many parts of Houston. This is a scary time for alot of people down here. Say a small prayer for their safety if you are so inclined.

Scott

Wishing you and everyone else in the area affected by Ike the best Scott!

Hope you can get your wife's grand parents to reconsider.

Living at the Jersey coast I've seen my fair share of storms and floods and have evacuated when needed.

Hang in there Bro! :foryou:

Hope everyone stays safe! Here in North Carolina, all the gas stations are packed due to Ike heading across the refineries. Gas is supposed to jump over a $1/gallon tomorrow so everyone is trying to fill up now. Up near Raleigh gas is already over $5/gallon at some places. It's up to $3.90 here.

Most of my family lives in Houston..Sister in Humble-spring & the rest live in The Woodlands and it's trying to pull teeth out of a new born to get them to leave.

I offered to fly them up to Chicago (depart from Dallas) until the storm passes but no luck they keep thinking it's going to die down before it makes land fall.

So Scott my prayers have been with everyone in the gulf coast because I know what it's like to live there. After my first (and last) storm down there I moved back to Chicago and only like to visit.