• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need your collective knowledge on this X-Men 30, Thanks!!

27 posts in this topic

Ok so I have here this X-men 30. Trying to figure out an 'accurate' grade on it... I'm doing my BEST to learn the 'grading way' on here. I've graded it a 8.5. The ONLY reason I didn't give it a 9.0 is because of the 'oversized' cover? Is this a common thing on silverage books? is this considered a defect? Please let me know what you think also and why. I'm interested to better learn this procedure!

Ok, here it is! and thanks again in advance!

Front Cover: Arrival date(No minuses for it), Top and bottom coners on the spine show minimal wear. Spine has a few stress marks. And i'm unfamiliar with this 'flaw' but it almost looks like the cover was cut slightly bigger than the comic so at the very top of the cover you can see where it's been very slightly creased(Not even 1/16), only breaking color slightly in the center of cover and at the spines corner.

X-Men30FrontCover.jpg

Back Cover: Slight spot of distributer ink @ top of cover near spine. Same faint crease mark on back cover as front due to 'oversized' cover? Not as noticable since it's white tho. And top and bottom cornor on spine show minimal wear, top corner looks like it might have a slight impact crease.

X-Men30BackCover.jpg

I look forward to your grades and helpful info!

Thanks again all!

Jer

The overhang is quite normal and should be there. The scans lack enough detail to decide whether the book is below or above 8.5. It certainly looks nice enough but, as mentioned, the scans don't communicate enough info.

The overhang is quite normal and should be there. The scans lack enough detail to decide whether the book is below or above 8.5. It certainly looks nice enough but, as mentioned, the scans don't communicate enough info.

What do i do to make it 'better'? the scans are HUGE but photobucket doesn't make em any bigger than this... i'll try a 'resized' scan?? any help anyone?? (shrug)

Is this any better? this is the largest photobucket offers??

X-Men30SupersizedFrontCover.jpg

X-Men30SuperSizedBackCover.jpg

Is this any better? this is the largest photobucket offers??

X-Men30SupersizedFrontCover.jpg

X-Men30SuperSizedBackCover.jpg

:applause: I think he's got it!!!

let me know if you want to sell it - this is a copy I need :grin:

Yup :)

Whole collection is for sale.

This book is gonna be in my next 3 book lot. Xmen 29, 30, & 63 :grin:

If you're looking for anything else inparticular let me know, i have A LOT of books for sale. My collection is pretty big!

Thanks for the interests, and look forward to future sales!

(Once i get the final price set on this 'lot' i'll pm you first before i list a thread to see it you're still interested since you've show 1st interest ;) )

Jer

If you're looking for anything else inparticular let me know, i have A LOT of books for sale. My collection is pretty big!

(Once i get the final price set on this 'lot' i'll pm you first before i list a thread to see it you're still interested since you've show 1st interest ;) )

Jer

:o Lots of books!!... Let me know first what your sellin before all the vultures start circling the sales thread :P

Jer

:o Lots of books!!... Let me know first what your sellin before all the vultures start circling the sales thread :P

isnt that the pot calling the kettle black :baiting::roflmao::foryou:

Jer

It's inappropriate to sell books in this forum. :sumo: and Mike's been here long enough to know better. ;)

Hey buddy, can you spare a grade?

A forum dedicated solely to asking forumites to guesstimate the grade of book from a scan. NOTE: GRADING FROM A SCAN IS NOT RELIABLE, it's just interesting.

It's inappropriate to sell books in this forum. :sumo: and Mike's been here long enough to know better. ;)

:lol: So put me on your list - for you know you are on mine :acclaim:

And, no, I don't see anywhere that it says what you are claiming. meh The book was sold via PM.