• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM X-Men 29

13 posts in this topic

Ok on this one i'm at a loss... I thought i was getting the 'hang' of this grading stuff but I can't figure out by the OPG what to grade this because of it's one MAJOR flaw that takes this book out of the 8.0-9.0 grading (To me at least?? Look right above the "n" in xmen). Besides that one mark this book is in amazing shape!

Front Cover: Right above the 'N' in X-Men there's a 'rub' mark where the covers peeled back but not ripped all the way thru. there's a faint crease mark that doesn't break color in the top right corner where the comics code box is. There's also a faint crease 1" crease that doesn't break color going from the right foot of Mimic and going down thru Super-Adaptoid's thigh. and one more faint crease going thru his foot and laser beam, also not breaking color. Corners are slightly rounded. and oversized cover has some crease marks where the top and bottom of cover overlaps the book. Staples are on the front of cover, don't know if that's considered a defect. Spine has a few stress marks that break color. Distributor ink on top right corner of spine

Xmen29FrontCover.jpg

Back Cover: Rounded corners that show a little bit of wear. Top and bottom corners of spine have very small impact marks. A few faint stress marks on spine.

Xmen29BackCover.jpg

Thanks guys and gals!!

TFL may be right... upon looking a little longer the spine does look a little more severe than what I thought at first glance. I will drop my opinion a whole 0.5 to 5.5/5.0. On that CGC bashing thing my moderns have been getting 9.8's all of a sudden when I used to only get 9.6's