• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thoughts on the new notes policy?

33 posts in this topic

Can't you see people are busy discussing important things like why Wolverines bottom is too big! :makepoint:

I did find it funny that Scott asked for peoples feedback and locked the thread in once fell swoop!

:D

It's a lot less of a problem than what we were initially led to believe.

Would have been nice had Mr. Schechter's post been the first foray into this whole topic

Can't you see people are busy discussing important things like why Wolverines bottom is too big! :makepoint:

I did find it funny that Scott asked for peoples feedback and locked the thread in once fell swoop!

:D

Indeed he did. lol

A response from CGC has been posted and this thread has been locked:

Change in Graders’ Notes Recording

As always, we value your comments and feedback.

You couldn't make this stuff up. :insane:

Those of you with Economy and Value tier submissions will just have to accept the grade without any explanation as to what you might have missed. How many people think that the entry of the notes was all that time consuming?

Aren't most moderns going to be under the $250 threshold? I.e., the same reasoning could be applied that not many people are calling to see why their X-Men #479 got a 9.6 instead of a 9.8.

Move along. Nothing to see here.

A response from CGC has been posted and this thread has been locked:

Change in Graders’ Notes Recording

As always, we value your comments and feedback.

You couldn't make this stuff up. :insane:

I had a giggle at this also. In fact, it was the reason for this thread. I didn't check to see is Jesper's thread had been locked as well.

Those of you with Economy and Value tier submissions will just have to accept the grade without any explanation as to what you might have missed.

That's not exactly true, Michael.

The change is simply this: internal graders’ notes are no longer recorded for obvious flaws on comic books submitted using the Economy and Value Tiers. In no cases does this change affect what appears on the CGC certification label.

Those of you with Economy and Value tier submissions will just have to accept the grade without any explanation as to what you might have missed.

The change is simply this: internal graders’ notes are no longer recorded for obvious flaws on comic books submitted using the Economy and Value Tiers. In no cases does this change affect what appears on the CGC certification label.

You're right, as usual. But one person's obvious defect is another's "Holy . How did I miss that?"

You're right, as usual. But one person's obvious defect is another's "Holy . How did I miss that?"

I will give you that "obvious," in this instance, is what I would refer to as a "wiggle" word.

Also, books submitted in the Modern, Standard, Express, Walkthru and 20-Day Express Coupon (Collectors Society) Tiers and under Magazine Tiers are still given their same listing of defects - even obvious ones. By definition books in those tiers are of greater value, and in the past such books have drawn far-and-away the lion’s share of inquiries. Of course, previously recorded graders’ notes on other tiers are still available.

That works for me. It sounds like they are not changing anything for books worth over $250 and eliminating notes for books worth under $250 (of which the lion's share are 9.6/9.8 late bronze and moderns).

I am ok with it as this was my suggestion to start with...notes for more valueable books only.

I know many will dis-agree but I really have no problem buying any 9.6/9.8/9.9 bronze/copper/moderns without notes as the flaws will not be visible to the average person anyway.

It's the 2.0-9.2 range where lots of things can happen to affect a buyer's decision...especially when it's a big book.

I would have preferred CGC post this BEFORE the big debacle but here's a round of applause for at least posting something public.

:golfclap: