• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

holy chit!!!

58 posts in this topic

Hasn't this officially been moved out to about 2018 now?

Isn't the end of the world coming December of 2012? That is if the Large Hadron Collider doesn't create a black hole or strange matter and kill us all on or around October 10th of this year.

Either way, it looks like we won't have to worry about our comic books!

I don't read them. When I'm ready to sell them, I'll flick through the pages, looking for oddball, weirdo, out of the ordinary things, as well as clipped coupons, etc.).

And scan the covers, post them here, and see if there is any response/interest.

No one would have a problem if you didn't post them in COMICS GENERAL!! :makepoint:

Oh. Is that it? Wrong forum?

You're reaching: grasping for any excuse for your wretched behavior.

You lose.

Game over.

Try again?

(Jerk. Get some new material. You bore me with your tepid, worn-out responses.)

I don't read them. When I'm ready to sell them, I'll flick through the pages, looking for oddball, weirdo, out of the ordinary things, as well as clipped coupons, etc.).

No one would have a problem if you didn't post them in COMICS GENERAL!! :makepoint:

Obviously. doh!

And on another note, WTF is yet another Lux shill account doing still active - I thought you were outed weeks ago.

Comics = fun (at least for me)

I say each to his own, though the collectors who handle their books while wearing full enviro suit with breathing apparatus and lock them in an environmentally climate controlled room they had built...I just don't "get it". But if that's what you want to do, who am I to say otherwise. I gain enjoyment from comics in one way, some do so in others.

If you want to 'invest' in comics, that's great and I can't say I've never obtained a good deal on a book I would not normally collect and later sold it so I could buy more books :applause:

I have not sold a single book out of my personal collection and don't plan on doing so (pending absolute financial emergency). I've read every single book in my collection - except that IM 47 a certain someone bestowed upon me at a great price and have not read (for obvious reasons) the cheapy slabs I like buying.

Obviously. doh!

Whatever. Perhaps it would be best if you refrained from responding to all of my posts.

Your Jerky-Boy angle is exceedingly dull. You're not even funny.

You're some busy-body: always sticking your nose/two cents in.

You're tiresome. People roll their eyes when you chime in with your cliches.

(You speak in cliches, BTW. You have no original thoughts.)

Shut-up and die the quiet, ignominious death you richly deserve.

does anyone here collect comics for the love of comics?

does anyone here buy comics and actually keep them in their collection??

does anyone remember what Christmas is all about??? (that one i stole from A Charlie Brown Christmas)

holy chit man, these boards and all this talk about investing in comics and GPA is driving me nutz. :frustrated:

Most of my books are here for the long haul, and yes, I truly enjoy the hobby of collecting comics for the art, history, americana, and a few stories here and there.

Most of us sell to buy more.....it's the easiest way to build the collection that you really want. Investment is a portion of the hobby that helps in this endeavor.

Don't get too jaded on those that just want to turn a profit, as it takes all kinds in the hobby.

Cheers to those that have full runs, holy grails, and reader copies in piles around the house.

does anyone here collect comics for the love of comics? Yes I love to read them. :applause:

does anyone here buy comics and actually keep them in their collection?? Yes

does anyone remember what Christmas is all about??? (that one i stole from A Charlie Brown Christmas) Yes

holy chit man, these boards and all this talk about investing in comics and GPA is driving me nutz. :frustrated:

I read alot of what I buy.

I read at least 1 comic every day and sometimes alot more when time allows.

I also buy to sell to support my collecting habits and other pursuits and keep some as an investment also.

Whatever. Perhaps it would be best if you refrained from responding to all of my posts.

Your Jerky-Boy angle is exceedingly dull. You're not even funny.

You're some busy-body: always sticking you nose/two cents in.

You're tiresome. People roll their eyes when you chime in with your cliches.

(You speak in cliches, BTW. You have no original thoughts.)

Shut-up and die the quiet, ignominious death you richly deserve.

This behavior is not welcome on these boards. (tsk)

Roy, I honestly think he's a Lux shill. Especially since he has a lot of the same books posted on his website.

R.

Hey, I could be wrong....but Lux was a lot more...well...all over the place.

I have to admit I haven't checked out Lux's website.

R.