• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

$7500 for that????

8 posts in this topic

I was looking at getting one of these lots for fun but not for $75.00 a piece. I dont see where there is $7500 worth of books. I know he doesn't list them all but I wouldn't buy all that stuff hoping that there was some hidden gem he looked over.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&item=190251166204

I only did something like this once. It was like $12 for a random SA book and I ended up getting Avenger #57 in VFish range. Thing was I was just starting off in comics (and was only 14 I think) so I sold it raw on ebay for like 40ish with a crappy scan and all.

I only did something like this once. It was like $12 for a random SA book and I ended up getting Avenger #57 in VFish range. Thing was I was just starting off in comics (and was only 14 I think) so I sold it raw on ebay for like 40ish with a crappy scan and all.
how long have scanners been around! hm

I bid on a grab bag of books one time and paid $9.95 plus about $4.00 shipping. I was pleasantly surprised to have received Dark Knight Returns 1 - 4 in 9.4 and up. I was amazed! However, I have not since rolled the dice on any of those sort of auctions.

throwing $10 at something is one thing, throwing $75.00? That's a bit more of a gamble than I'd like to take.

They haven't allowed them since June this year:

Ebay policy on chance listings

eBay does not permit listings that sell an opportunity to win an item or prize either by chance or in connection with a skill contest.

Specifically, eBay does not permit listings that promote giveaways, lotteries, sweepstakes, random drawings, raffles, contests, or prizes. Such promotions are highly regulated and may be unlawful in many states.

eBay itself may run such promotions on the site, and may grant authorization to its partners or third party companies to run promotions that comply with applicable laws.

See the Examples and Additional information sections below for greater detail on the various types of listings to which this policy may apply. These sections are intended to provide guidance, and should not be viewed as an exhaustive list.

Listing cancellation

Limits on account privileges

Account suspension

Forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings

Loss of PowerSeller status