• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HELP! ...I think I'm being swindled!

97 posts in this topic

A member on the boards wants to buy my X-Men#1 CGC 5.5 SS Stan Lee, named Channdy. This person sends me a paypal payment to my gmail account. The shipping address is a Paypal confirmed address but is actually the address of a company called "Manila Forwarders" that apparently freights goods to Manila, Phillipines.

The payment was sent by a yahoo account whose name does not match the name given for the confirmed shipping address of Manila Forwarders. I've issued the seller a paypal refund. To make matters worse, this seller has only ONE post on the boards since signing up in April 2008.

I am from the Philippines. PM me and I can verify the forum member for you. FYI, I do the same thing, I have a gmail address as an email and a yahoo email address for my paypal.

Sending out to a forwarder if you live in Manila is not unusual but i can check it out for you.

It's not me who bought it but am also curious since I have never met a boardie from the Philippines before. =)

I am from the Philippines. PM me and I can verify the forum member for you. FYI, I do the same thing, I have a gmail address as an email and a yahoo email address for my paypal.

Sending out to a forwarder if you live in Manila is not unusual but i can check it out for you.

It's not me who bought it but am also curious since I have never met a boardie from the Philippines before. =)

Another reason these boards are awesome. Incredible offer, and some good information.

Hi Issa,

I just talked to Chanddy over the phone. I have PMed him and he gave me his mobile and office number.

After talking to him, I can safely say that you are not being swindled. This guy has bought from cgcworld before. You can PM cgcworld about it. He said he also dealt with Chris (CGC signature witness).

The clincher for me is we both go to the same LCS and I personally talked to the owner and he knows Chanddy quite well. Felix (LCS owner) knows that Chanddy has a collection of ASM he is building up. The guy also just bought a 1.5 SS Stan Lee on ebay.

If you need further information or have questions just send me a PM.

Benz