• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HELP! ...I think I'm being swindled!

97 posts in this topic

Hi Issa,

I just talked to Chanddy over the phone. I have PMed him and he gave me his mobile and office number.

After talking to him, I can safely say that you are not being swindled. This guy has bought from cgcworld before. You can PM cgcworld about it. He said he also dealt with Chris (CGC signature witness).

The clincher for me is we both go to the same LCS and I personally talked to the owner and he knows Chanddy quite well. Felix (LCS owner) knows that Chanddy has a collection of ASM he is building up. The guy also just bought a 1.5 SS Stan Lee on ebay.

If you need further information or have questions just send me a PM.

Benz

Benson is 100% solid and trustworthy.

He bought a big ticket book off me a few months ago. I shipped it to a US address who in turn forwarded it to him in the phillipines. You can trust him 100%.

Roy.

As much as I hate to disappoint everyone, the buyer has backed out of the transaction. He is trying to deduct Paypal fees for a transaction that doesn't involve Paypal. The asking price for my book is still unchanged at $3,000.

-Issa

As much as I hate to disappoint everyone, the seller has backed out of the transaction. He is trying to deduct Paypal fees for a transaction that doesn't involve Paypal.

I'm guessing you mean the buyer, not the seller. What do you mean it doesnt involve PayPal? You said you had initially issued a PayPal refund. And what does it mean for a buyer to deduct PayPal fees?

As much as I hate to disappoint everyone, the seller has backed out of the transaction. He is trying to deduct Paypal fees for a transaction that doesn't involve Paypal.

I'm guessing you mean the buyer, not the seller. What do you mean it doesnt involve PayPal? You said you had initially issued a PayPal refund. And what does it mean for a buyer to deduct PayPal fees?

Yeah, WTF is the seller talking about? Teach him to refund the money initially. He could have kept the money while he resolved the issue.

Since Bens is verifying the seller's identity and paying on behalf of the buyer, the buyer wants to deduct the 4% Paypal fees that would have been deducted if I accepted the Paypal payment. Meanwhile, we originally decided on $3000.

Ben would have collected the money from the buyer and sent me a check. I believe it would have been a personal check, which I would in turn have to wait (a very long time for it to clear). This doesn't matter, however, as the deal is off,

X-Men #1 (1962) CGC 5.5 OW Pages SS Stan Lee FOR SALE!

Channdy Channdy Online content

Just got here

hi,

would you take $2700 + s/h + insurance for it?

my ebayname is femerco, for reference.

i can pay thru paypal, by next week.

let me know.

thanks

charlton

#850841 - 09/04/08 03:22 AM Re: X-Men #1 (1962) CGC 5.5 OW Pages SS Stan Lee FOR SALE!

Issa Issa Offline

Collectosaurus Rex

Loc: Brooklyn, NY

Hey Charlton,

I would really like to sell this book for the advertised price of $3,000. If this a little outside of your price range, I will gladly accept time payments and hold the book for you until you can make all of the payments. FYI: 100% feedback is nice...and so is that Boba Fett Mug. :thumbs up: \:\)

If this price sounds reasonable to you, feel free to make a paypal payment to: xxxxxxx@gmail.com or give me your email address and I'll gladly send an invoice according to our payment schedule.

-Issa

#851095 - 09/04/08 11:16 AM Re: X-Men #1 (1962) CGC 5.5 OW Pages SS Stan Lee FOR SALE!

Just got here

let me think about it. will let you know.

thanks

#855179 - 09/07/08 10:55 PM Re: X-Men #1 (1962) CGC 5.5 OW Pages SS Stan Lee FOR SALE!

Just got here

hi,

can we close it at $3000, all inclusive, s/h and insurance?

let me know.

thanks

#855277 - 09/08/08 12:27 AM Re: X-Men #1 (1962) CGC 5.5 OW Pages SS Stan Lee FOR SALE!

Issa Issa Offline

Collectosaurus Rex

This might be possible. Please give me your address and I'll get a quote after work tommorow.

-Issa

#855280 - 09/08/08 12:31 AM Re: X-Men #1 (1962) CGC 5.5 OW Pages SS Stan Lee FOR SALE!

Just got here

charlton soriano

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Los Angeles CA 90065

United States

#855390 - 09/08/08 07:46 AM Re: X-Men #1 (1962) CGC 5.5 OW Pages SS Stan Lee FOR SALE!

Issa Issa Offline

Collectosaurus Rex

That was quick, lol. As a gesture of good faith, give me an additional $25 to cover the cost of insuring a $3,000 package and I will ship the book one-day or two-day air (whichever is available when I ship the book). Feel free to send paypal payment of $3025 to xxxxxxxx@gmail.com or money order to:

Issa xxxxx

xxxxxxxx

Brooklyn, NY 11209

With these kinds of transactions, I'll always give my cell number in case you have any other questions: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

-Issa

#857548 - 09/10/08 04:11 AM Re: X-Men #1 (1962) CGC 5.5 OW Pages SS Stan Lee FOR SALE!

Issa Issa Offline

Collectosaurus Rex

Are you still interested, sir?

-Issa

#857551 - 09/10/08 05:25 AM Re: X-Men #1 (1962) CGC 5.5 OW Pages SS Stan Lee FOR SALE!

Just got here

hi,

sorry for the late reply.

still interested.

will need till next week to come up with the money.

is this ok with you?

thanks

#857575 - 09/10/08 07:06 AM Re: X-Men #1 (1962) CGC 5.5 OW Pages SS Stan Lee FOR SALE!

Issa Issa Offline

Collectosaurus Rex

Sure, that's fine. Please keep me posted.

#858902 - 09/11/08 06:11 AM Re: X-Men #1 (1962) CGC 5.5 OW Pages SS Stan Lee FOR SALE!

Just got here

hi,

i saw the book up for auction at ebay?

are you still interested in selling it to me?

please let me know.

thanks

#858928 - 09/11/08 07:07 AM Re: X-Men #1 (1962) CGC 5.5 OW Pages SS Stan Lee FOR SALE!

Issa Issa Offline

Collectosaurus Rex

Yes, sir. I am still interested in selling to you. You are still first in line. \:\) I'm just testing the waters and don't expect the book to sell on eBay at all.

-Issa

#868678 - 09/16/08 11:55 PM Re: X-Men #1 (1962) CGC 5.5 OW Pages SS Stan Lee FOR SALE!

Issa Issa Offline

Collectosaurus Rex

Auction ends in about day. You still have preference. If you'd still like to send payment for $3025, please do so and I will ship one/two-day air. Thanks!

-Issa

#868780 - 09/17/08 01:34 AM Re: X-Men #1 (1962) CGC 5.5 OW Pages SS Stan Lee FOR SALE!

Just got here

hi,

just paid my credit card today.

should be able to pay you tomorrow.

thanks

#869693 - 09/17/08 06:36 PM Re: X-Men #1 (1962) CGC 5.5 OW Pages SS Stan Lee FOR SALE!

Issa Issa Offline

Collectosaurus Rex

Please send a paypal payment of $3025 to xxxxxxxx@gmail.com and include your shipping address. I will insure the X-men #1 CGC 5.5 SS Stan Lee and ship it one or two-day air. Thanks!

-Issa xxxxxxx

Brooklyn, NY 11209

cell: xxxxxxxxxxx

#870295 - Yesterday at 01:34 AM Re: X-Men #1 (1962) CGC 5.5 OW Pages SS Stan Lee FOR SALE!

Issa Issa Offline

Collectosaurus Rex

I've refunded your payment as I cannot ship to commercial locations such as Manila Forwarders. I'm very sorry, but I've decided to take my business elsewhere.

#870299 - Yesterday at 01:39 AM Re: X-Men #1 (1962) CGC 5.5 OW Pages SS Stan Lee FOR SALE!

Just got here

why?

#870373 - Yesterday at 05:14 AM Re: X-Men #1 (1962) CGC 5.5 OW Pages SS Stan Lee FOR SALE!

Issa Issa Offline

Collectosaurus Rex

Good news! I spoke with Benz and he is willing to arrange a safer payment process for the both of us. Please deposit the money in his account and he will issue a check to me. (no paypal please, they charge a heavy 4% fee). I will then ship the book as soon as payment clears to:

charlton soriano

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Los Angeles, CA 90065

United States

-Issa

#873476 - Yesterday at 11:22 PM Re: X-Men #1 (1962) CGC 5.5 OW Pages SS Stan Lee FOR SALE!

Just got here

i've talked with benz and thanked him for helping me with this transaction.

but since we will not be using paypal (as first agreed upon) as means of payment, i am only willing to pay $2880 + $25 shipping / insurance for the book.

if this is ok with you, let me know.

#873502 - Yesterday at 11:40 PM Re: X-Men #1 (1962) CGC 5.5 OW Pages SS Stan Lee FOR SALE!

Issa Issa Offline

Collectosaurus Rex

This is not ok with me. When you sent payment, I was not aware of Paypal's 4% fee, I actually thought it was more like 2%. Also, insurance for a $3,000 book is about $25...This won't cover shipping.

Anyway, since I originally posted my book for sale, the asking price was set at $3,000. Benz is already taking much time out of his schedule to help this transaction. If you do not want to pay this amount, please don't waste his time, as I can relist my book on other places.

-Issa

X-Men #1 (1962) CGC 5.5 OW Pages SS Stan Lee FOR SALE!

Just got here

i'll pass

#873515 - Yesterday at 11:51 PM Re: X-Men #1 (1962) CGC 5.5 OW Pages SS Stan Lee FOR SALE!

Issa Issa Offline

Collectosaurus Rex

OK. Take care.

Is he sending you a personal or bank check instead of Paypal?

Wow I didn't think this thread would be popular. Anyway Channdy and Issa did not agree on the final price. From what I know, Issa offered the book at $3000 amount of money and payment by paypal. He then asked $25 to insure the book so the total price is $3025. Channdy paid $3025 via paypal but Issa got scared and promptly refunded the money.

I offered to "fix" this setup by asking Channdy to deposit the money to my checking account and I will issue a check payment to Issa. After the check clears, Issa can the ship the book to Channdy's forwarder address. I offered to meet Channdy and get the money this sunday at our LCS.

Chanddy saw this thread and was a little upset being labeled as a "swindler" but I told him about paypal charge back and he understood. I told Chanddy to log in here to explain his side of the story.

I got a call this morning from Channdy and he was asking if its reasonable to ask Issa a 4% discount since we are not using paypal anymore. I told him I guess you can ask Issa and personally I think its reasonable but that's just me. (shrug) Chanddy said Issa told him 4% was the paypal commission and that's why Channdy asked the 4% discount in lieu of PP fees. In fairness, Issa thought it was only 2% but me thinks international PP might be higher?

Anyway long story short, the deal did not push through because of the 4% difference.

I told both of them I would be ok to help them out in case anyone changes their mind.

Maybe both guys can meet in between? $60 discount instead of $120?

Btw, Thanks Roy for the kind words and in fairness I have read a lot of board mates helping each other out here so this is nothing new. Just recently Brian (foolkiller) offered to pre screen some raw books for me since i live far away from the US. (worship)

As our chief Steve will say, everyone group hug lol

That's it got to get back to work now.

Issa violated Usage Guidelines Rule #3 by posting the book on eBay while the transaction was still in progress.

Issa showed a one-sided pettiness in not trying to fold the unused Paypal fee back into the buyer's cost.

Issa showed a general laziness in not knowing (easy to find out) the exact Paypal fees to understand and to negotiate thereof.

Issa over-reacted and accused first and sought facts secondly...sure to PIZZ OFF any other board member of standing, and yet Channdy handled this with a lot of character and applomb. :tonofbricks:

Have I missed anything? (shrug)

(oh yeah, and awesome kudos to benz for acting as go-between...truly above and beyond but a very kind and helpful gesture...)

Issa violated Usage Guidelines Rule #3 by posting the book on eBay while the transaction was still in progress.

The buyer did not seem serious about purchasing the item. Short, terse messages from Sept 3rd, "Interested" to Sept. 10th, "I will pay next week" is not indicative of a interest/sale. The buyer didn't step up UNTIL two days AFTER I posted the item on eBay! Please see our message thread.

Issa showed a one-sided pettiness in not trying to fold the unused Paypal fee back into the buyer's cost.

The buyer sees that Paypal fees are being dodged, so they are try to undercut our original agreement. Who is being petty, eaxctly?

Issa showed a general laziness in not knowing (easy to find out) the exact Paypal fees to understand and to negotiate thereof.

The buyer sent an INTERNATIONAL payment in which Paypal charges 3.9% and gave a DOMESTIC shipping address. The buyer did not volunteer this very important information! What if they item gets lost in the mail and I have to recover an insurance claim?

Issa over-reacted and accused first and sought facts secondly...sure to PIZZ OFF any other board member of standing, and yet Channdy handled this with a lot of character and applomb. :tonofbricks:

The buyer passed-the-buck onto the seller here BIG TIME. International payment with higher paypal fees, but makes no indication that this package is going international. I don't think I need to explain what's wrong here.

Have I missed anything? (shrug)

YES! As for over-reacting, let me see you accept a $3,000 payment out of the blue and ship a very expensive book when names of Paypal/Yahoo account holders don't match AND when a Paypal confirmed address produces a THIRD person's name.

(oh yeah, and awesome kudos to benz for acting as go-between...truly above and beyond but a very kind and helpful gesture...)

Please look at the messages we exchanged and you'll see very short, uninformative messages, leaving me with very little to expect. I admit that I am not the most experienced seller but that is why I started this thread in the first place! :frustrated: