• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HELP! ...I think I'm being swindled!

97 posts in this topic

Channdy

Just pick up a nice 5.5 for $2400 and change and send it to Chandler Rice he does alot of Stan signings you'll save yourself a few hundred bucks. (shrug) Pizz on the seller if he doesn't want your money.

thanks for the advice, unfortunately......

:hi:UPDATE ON STAN LEE SIGNINGS.

Please note that as of this date Stan Lee does not have any public mass comic book signings scheduled in the near future. Currently, getting books signed by Stan is done on an individual basis. Please e-mail us at desertwindcomics@hotmail.com for additional details and an updated pricing and information data sheet.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

and i really wanted to add that book to my ss collection, unfortunately this thread happened.

OK I'm late here but the buyer offered to pay with a check/MO in US funds right?

Why didn't the seller take it minus the full Paypal fees?

The seller wouldn't lose a dime right?

(shrug)

Channdy

Just pick up a nice 5.5 for $2400 and change and send it to Chandler Rice he does alot of Stan signings you'll save yourself a few hundred bucks. (shrug) Pizz on the seller if he doesn't want your money.

Please note that as of this date Stan Lee does not have any public mass comic book signings scheduled in the near future. Currently, getting books signed by Stan is done on an individual basis. Please e-mail us at desertwindcomics@hotmail.com for additional details and an updated pricing and information data sheet.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

and i really wanted to add that book to my ss collection, unfortunately this thread happened.

Did you talk to Chandler? cause it looks like he is still signing just not boat load of books he was doing before. Good luck.

OK I'm late here but the buyer offered to pay with a check/MO in US funds right?

(shrug)

:gossip: The seller's a bonehead.

Channdy

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

Did you talk to Chandler? cause it looks like he is still signing just not boat load of books he was doing before. Good luck.

that's an option, if and when i get a copy i like. but for now, i would prefer to get ss copy, i don't like waiting too long for a signing. :grin:

(shrug)

Well that always explains many things. hm

(shrug)

The part that really gets me is this:

The buyer offered to pay next week, and the seller noted "Sure, that's fine. Please keep me posted." hours later... ebay auction started

How do you list a book on eBay that you have just agreed to sell privately. If the seller had an issue with the buyer's intentions (and I'll point out that the buyer's email communications seemed adequate to me), then he shouldn't have agreed to sell the book to the buyer. This seems like some pretty crooked business by the seller to me. Issa - Am I missing something; it sounds like you had a deal in place yet you went ahead and listed it on eBay hours later? I think that in order to salvage your good reputation (assuming you have one) a pretty big apology is in order to the buyer, as well as a sale at the PayPal discounted price suggested by the buyer, transacted through a 3rd party.

(shrug)

^^

Sorry, Issa, but I've got to agree with Tom here. Payment was made to you and that sealed the deal. That you got cold feet afterward and refunded the payment just shows your unwillingness to complete the transaction in good faith. Shame on you. shame-on-you-fingers.gif

I aGreed with you JazzMan! lol

(shrug)

The part that really gets me is this:

The buyer offered to pay next week, and the seller noted "Sure, that's fine. Please keep me posted." hours later... ebay auction started

How do you list a book on eBay that you have just agreed to sell privately. If the seller had an issue with the buyer's intentions (and I'll point out that the buyer's email communications seemed adequate to me), then he shouldn't have agreed to sell the book to the buyer. This seems like some pretty crooked business by the seller to me. Issa - Am I missing something; it sounds like you had a deal in place yet you went ahead and listed it on eBay hours later? I think that in order to salvage your good reputation (assuming you have one) a pretty big apology is in order to the buyer, as well as a sale at the PayPal discounted price suggested by the buyer, transacted through a 3rd party.

I posted the item on eBay so quickly because it took Channdy 7 days to go from "I'm interested" to "I'll pay you next week". Please count the number of times I politely asked Channdy to send a payment as soon as possible. After a few requests on my part, Channdy finally committed to "next week". I also assumed that because Channdy took so long to commit to a payment, combined with only have ONE post in the last 12 months...I thought I was wasting my time and I sincerely apologize for assuming the worst in this case.

Channdy, you have my apologies. I was not trying to mislead anyone in this transaction. Next time, please make your sellers aware that they are accepting an international payment and shipping their books to a Forwarding company. Payment DOES NOT seal the deal if a book is a lost by my courier or yours. I was only trying to protect the sale, so that the item could be recovered if god forbid, something happened. In the future, I will not fuss over Paypal fees either and I will try to reach a solution that meets both of our needs.

Let this be a lesson to both buyers and sellers that we should always try to reassure both parties, that we are sincerely interested in an item and are committed to payment, early in the discussion phase. If there is any kind of discrepancies in Paypal account holders and confirmed shipping addresses, please be up front and honest.

Thanks for your time, I'm very sorry for overreacting. Both Channdy and Benson are very stand-up guys and I will try my hardest not to be so judgmental in the future. :(

Sincerely,

Issa

P.S. please go easy on me guys, I'm still licking my wounds from some your recent remarks. :(