• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New to the boards - help me with my first purchase!

6 posts in this topic

Hey everyone :)

Im making my first comic art work purchase tonight, i was wondering if you guys can help me, i found someone in the city that has approx 100 (large sheets) of original comic art work some are framed...the rest are in scrap books, he quotes he doesn't know much about them...and i really dont have a set price to give him for everthing to be honest (shrug) here is a few pictures of the framed art work that he emailed me.

If anyone has any ideas what price range these pieces are likely to be in...that will help alot :) again these are just the framed pieces, he still has dozens more un-framed. any help would be great.

untitled-2.jpg

untitled-1-1.jpg

untitled-3.jpg

untitled-4.jpg

It's hard to say without seeing pics and/or knowing titles/artists, but if that's the best stuff, I would assume the other pieces are probably panel pages from "lesser" books that average $40-50/each.

The X-Men Unlimited pin-up shown is nice and ($400-$600?), but the other panel pages shown are probably only in the $75-150 range.

I ended up buying everthing last night, I have approx 75 large sheets most of the art work is from mid 80s to present. Included in this lot is action comics. Rogue, extinction events, few hulk & ironman, adventures, xmen, hawkman etc..the majority are splash pages.. No covers :(