• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Epic Groo

5 posts in this topic

Anyone know where all the Groo is?

In the past I have seen a few Image pages and even a few covers for sale but never one from Marvel.

If you know where I can find one of those nice double splash pages Sergio does or a cover even if it is from Image let me know !

You won't find any Marvel pages or covers as they are all in Sergio's possession. He is saving them for his kids inheritance. There was talk of him possibly selling each issue with cover for maybe 10k each but it hasn't happened yet. (If it does, I'll be one of the first in line to buy!)

You still can get pages from the Image and Dark Horse runs when they surface. Most of the covers are in collections and not for sale.

Here is the link to a German art dealer who has some pages. I bought 2 off of him a couple years ago. A little pricey, but it's the only place that has them readily available and for sale. He's a nice guy and totally legit. Good luck!

http://www.comicoriginalart.com

From the short conversation I had with Sergio I got the impression he holds on to A LOT of his own work. He told me he's working with someone to frame some stuff and sell it Gallery style. This was about a year ago and I still haven't heard anything about a sale.

I talked to Sergio two years ago at Super-Con about his MAD "Marginals" art (actually, on behalf of Ruben!). At that time, his intention was to work with Steve Wyatt to frame each gag with the published page. So it appears his plans haven't changed as of a year ago...

Also, I asked him about his Pacific and Epic GROO art. He still had it all and from all indications, had no intention of selling it anytime soon. As much as I'd like something from the Pacific/Epic days, I think it's kind of cool that he still has it all.