• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are your top five moderns you read?

84 posts in this topic

I should mention that I came to Walking Dead fairly late so I'm sticking with TPBs for it. If not, it would definitely be on my top five list. The wait between collections can be excruciating, but, as I told my LCS guy on the day the most recent one came out, "My day just got a little better."

My top 5...

ProofTales of the TMNTSavage DragonDaredevilTMNT

Close: Fables, Captain America, Northlanders, Usagi Yojimbo

and here are the results thus far... I know it wasn't stated that you should put them in order... and some people explicitly said that theirs weren't in order... but the "Points" column is as tho all lists were in order (5 points for 1st slot, 1 point for 5th slot). Hopefully I didn't miss anyone...

Title Votes Points
Walking Dead 15 55
Invincible 7 23
Wolverine 7 21
Captain America 6 23
Daredevil 6 16
Justice Society of America 5 16
Amazing Spider-Man 4 10
Iron Fist 4 16
Proof 4 15
All Star Superman 3 11
Astounding Wolfman (The) 3 7
Fear Agent 3 8
Goon 3 12
Green Lantern 3 8
Jonah Hex 3 12
Kick- 3 6
Locke & Key 3 7
100 Bullets 2 8
Batman 2 8
Boys (The) 2 9
Detective Comics 2 7
Fables 2 9
Savage Dragon 2 6
Sword (The) 2 4
Thunderbolts 2 4
Action Comics 1 1
B.P.R.D. 1 2
Brave and the Bold 1 4
Conan of Cimmeria 1 3
Criminal 1 2
Dead of Night 1 3
Hulk 1 4
Jack of Fables 1 1
Justice League of America 1 1
Knights of the Dinner Table 1 1
Living Corpse (The) 1 1
Mice Templar 1 2
Mighty Avengers 1 4
Moon Knight 1 5
New Avengers 1 5
RASL 1 2
Rogues Revenge 1 4
Scalped 1 5
Spirit (The) 1 1
Stormin Paradise 1 2
Tales of the TMNT 1 4
Thor 1 2
TMNT 1 1
Ultimate Fantastic Four 1 3
Uncacnny X-Men 1 2
Wonder Woman 1 1

What is it you like about Jack of Fables more than Fables? I'm saving Jack of Fables for later, like maybe when it gets up to a good handful of trades.

i really like fables too; it's probably the better book, but there's just something about jack. maybe it's because he scores w/ goldilocks and every other hot chick in the universe.

Here are mine:

Conan of Cimmeria

Fables

World of Warcraft (I can't help it...it may be cheesy, but I love the coloring)

Incredible Hercules

Grimm Fairy Tales

There are some other ones I love too, but aren't really monthlies and/or haven't had enough issues to convince me I'll still be buying them a year from now:

Atomic Robo

Kick-*Spoon*

Rasl (I would start drawing comics too if I could get away with only putting out one b&w comic every three months!)

:devil: Hiyo!

hm ... lots of people picking up.... Walking Dead, is it good? I have heard some rumors of its quality, but I didnt think much of it. To me, it seem like another zombie-type movie in comic book form, but I did love and constantly watch... Shaun of the Dead! Hot Fuzz is also good too!

Can anyone give me the grade of condition, Walking Dead, is in and whether its worth picking up?

Locke & Key rocks! My sister is picking that up for me!

:devil: Hiyo!

hm ... lots of people picking up.... Walking Dead, is it good? I have heard some rumors of its quality, but I didnt think much of it. To me, it seem like another zombie-type movie in comic book form, but I did love and constantly watch... Shaun of the Dead! Hot Fuzz is also good too!

Can anyone give me the grade of condition, Walking Dead, is in and whether its worth picking up?

Locke & Key rocks! My sister is picking that up for me!

Dude, walking dead is the best comic out there. It is definately not just another zombie book, its much more than that. The way i got into the book is that I picked up the first couple of trades and could not put them down. I read the first three trades in the same sitting, then went out and bought the rest.

So go out and get t, you wont be disappointed.

:bump: Hiyo!

Sorry to be such a post hog, but I forgot to answer the one comic per month deal... it would be Captain America (From the beginning if permitted).

Since im late to join that series, I dont collect it all and just read the registy notes on the Captain America series from Oneasian. (Love the note taking!)

Isnt Kick@$$ the title with a dude who wanted to be a superhero and got put in the hospital by end of issue one for about 5-6 months on his first day?

hey buddy

The Walking Dead is a great series. Pick up the first tpb, and I have a good feeling you'll wind up reading the rest of the series.

I'm glad my registry notes filled you in on the Cap series! :)

hey buddy

The Walking Dead is a great series. Pick up the first tpb, and I have a good feeling you'll wind up reading the rest of the series.

:acclaim: Hiyo!

Ok, I will definitely start to try and pick up... The Walking Dead.

P.S.

I cry myself to sleep every night, because I wasnt able to collect Captain America from the very first issue when it was rebooted! Dont get me wrong... I like trade paperbacks, but it just that some titles shouldnt be collected in trade paperback's, but rather should have the story-title's individual issues.

hey buddy

:acclaim: Hiyo!

Ok, I will definitely start to try and pick up... The Walking Dead.

P.S.

I cry myself to sleep every night, because I wasnt able to collect Captain America from the very first issue when it was rebooted! Dont get me wrong... I like trade paperbacks, but it just that some titles shouldnt be collected in trade paperback's, but rather should have the story-title's individual issues.

stop crying and buy issues #26-40 in JLA-all-the-way's thread for $1 a book.

Invincible

Walking Dead

Captain America

Wolf-Man

Kick-*Spoon*

I've also been enjoying Echo, RASL, and the Steve Niles Batman miniseries. Some of my favorite recent books have just ended (All-Star Superman, Locke & Key, and Teen Titans Year One)

I've fallen behind on Fables, DMZ, and a couple others, and I've been meaning to get into Proof, Iron Fist and the new Spirit book, but haven't made the time yet.

in order:

Invincible

RASL

Goon

Walking Dead

Kick @ss

Dark Tower Treachery close 6

actually, those are the only titles i get...now that Allstar superman is over..gave up on secret invasion...i had no idea what the f@ck was going on there..

if i could only buy one new comic a month...easy

Invincible, baby....Invincible...