• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

E-Bay just plain sucks!!

3 posts in this topic

I know there was a thread recently that dealt with E-Bay stuff but they keep messing with every aspect of selling.

I heard about the flat $0.35 rate for listing BIN and thought it may be a winner except your items may get lost in the sea of high priced items. The fine print states that the final fees for this option jump to 12% for the first $50 and the 6% after that. The usual auction has 8.75% for the first $25 and then 3.5% for most other items. You can pay about $0.65 more to list a $50 item and save the $3 in additional fees. I guess it pays off if you don't expect to sell anything and like to clog up e-bay.

What a crock of S!!

Here's one of my pet hates. If you are a casual seller then any buyer of your items can leave negative feedback imediately after the end of the auction. However, if you're a Power Seller then no-one can leave negative feedback until 7 days have past after the auction has ended. This would give you the oportunity to report an unpaid-item to stop troublemakers from ruining your feedback record.

Why don't they have the same rules for all sellers? Is this just a crude method of encouraging sellers to sell more?