• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sketch cover question

9 posts in this topic

i know its been brought up before ,just cant find where . anyhow i was wondering what are the average prices these artist are charging for this type of work , im wondering cause i plan on goin to some big shows th next couple of months and i plan on tryin to have some sketches done . i know some guys do it for free,i just figured most artist know by now ehn you go up to them with a white cover book that you are gonna ask for a sketch so im wondering how much on average does it cost to have these wonderful pieces of artwork done?

From my experience, the average price from artist to artist can vary greatly.

Just have an overall bugdet for sketches at the show, make some priorities for artists you really want to get sketches from and be prepared to spend money to make what you want happen.

On average it is anywhere from $20-$150.

Most artists are in the range of $20-$60 at shows.

Price depends on if the sketch is a headshot, 3/4 body or fully body sketches.

The $80-$150 are usually Full body sketches or ones that are taken home and done as detailed commissions.

If your looking to get quick headsketches then look to spend $0-$40.

thanks i was lucky on the box below to get all those done for free . anyhow i just didnt want to be bringing like a grand with me to the shows for just sketches . yeah id figure 40-60 would be average but i wasnt sure been a while since ive gotten sketches . anyhow thank you for the info .

I would also recommend that you visit the creators ASAP at the beginning of the shows. Most creators have a sketch list and those list can fill up very quickly. If you wait till the middle part of the show, usually their list are full. Also the con season is coming to an end as far as big cons are concerned. This year you have Baltimore, Mid Ohio, Wizard Texas and National left. Next year the New York starts out early again in the beginning of February. ALso for most of your major cons, if you have not made your hotel reservations at least 3-4 months in advance, you will find it difficult to find a decent price hotel close by. Hope this helps.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

yeah i dont really nead to go to the big ones i find some of the best shows are the local 3 day show like mine in may the motor-city comiccon. im more than happy with goin to those . also yeah i figured youu would think most of the shows should go on when the weather is colder and people arent out doing things makes sense to me .

yeah i dont really nead to go to the big ones i find some of the best shows are the local 3 day show like mine in may the motor-city comiccon. im more than happy with goin to those . also yeah i figured youu would think most of the shows should go on when the weather is colder and people arent out doing things makes sense to me .

and who needs a hotel i have a ford flex ill sleep in the back