• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Proposal: Annual Signature Series Witness Award(s)

56 posts in this topic

I have an idea for CGC having an Annual Signature Series Witness Awards. Being that the witness's now out number the CGC employees. lol I think it would be fun and the award(s) would be good for 1 calander year. Some of the awards or determining factors could be (not in any order):

Most miles traveled for a single signature.

Most total miles for a year traveled.

Most countries traveled to for witnessing.

Most different title books submitted.

Highest grades.

Oldest book with the highest grade.

Most unique signature.

Most major comic-cons attended. (Local weekly shows could not count)

Most signatures on a single issue (book must start unsigned at beginning of year)

Most number of different signatures obtained in a year.

Ok those are just a few ideas, but I think it would make it fun and heck a little competition is always good for the soul. So everyone chime in on this idea.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

On that same note I think CGC should have a Signature Series Witness Appreciation event at all major cons in conjuntion to a forum dinner(similar to different comic/gaming companies which have envoy/retailer appreication nights)

I think it would be a great idea, especially considering you are a shoe in for most of those awards

Well Kris would win the highest grade.

Several people would win the most countries traveled to. Sharon & I only traveled within the US this year.

I think more people would qualify for awards then we all think. But either way I think it would be a fun thing to do.

And Sharon mention her idea of an award. The most sketch covers obtained which you would be a shoo in for that one.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

I think we could have fun with this one and create some fun awards, as well as some serious ones when it comes to volume, etc. Highest grade for the oldest book is better than just highest grade, in my opinion, since 10.0 is the highest anyone can get, and Kris has finally gotten one. And, Chandler, I think you would win most unique signature this year. :) I think we'd need two awards in that category "Most unique comic creator signature" and "Most unique media/non-comic-creator signature" just to be fair. Plus a big panel of impartial judges to determine what's "unique."

I like the idea of a get-together event, too, I'm sure we could find a bucket of money to pay for the event, too. (I was going to say something else here, but I will bite my tongue) Do we aim for a big con like San Diego, or something near the middle of the country, where nobody has to travel TOO far? Or do we all travel to Florida (Mega-Con, perhaps?) and do it in the land of CGC?

Too many questions, let's hear from some others! :)

Joel

Just a thought...

I see a lot of volume awards, but in all reality, SS is not about volume but the attention to detail for each book for each customer, getting the books done correctly and getting them back in the customers hands as quickly as possible.

and I am pretty sure I know the guy who would win with the highest grades... :whistle:

I'm sure the receiving department would like to give out an award for most consistently complete invoices without errors or missing dates requiring callback!

Awards? Not sure, perhaps that's something we can talk about with Paul and Shawn this weekend in Baltimore.

Witness get-togethers? Well, the most logical locations where the majority of us are present are (1) New York in Feb. '09 (2) San Diego in July '09 or even (3) Chicago in August '09.

Just a thought...

I see a lot of volume awards, but in all reality, SS is not about volume but the attention to detail for each book for each customer, getting the books done correctly and getting them back in the customers hands as quickly as possible.

and I am pretty sure I know the guy who would win with the highest grades... :whistle:

Good points......

And as far as that highest grade thingy......he wouldn't be one of the devil's minions would he?

lol

Just a thought...

Amen

See.. my little idea is blossoming now. Now I just have to figure out how to lock Kris up for a year and keep him at home. :roflmao:

I've got it.. I will spread a rumor that Frank Miller will be showing up in Kris' home town any day now and keep changing the date on him. I know he would fall for that one. :baiting:

Now in all seriousness, I think the location would be dependent upon when all of the voting would be finished. Unfortunately I think New York or MegaCon would be too early in the year to allow for all voting to be finished. So either San Diego or Chicago would work.

Back to joking now.. Heck maybe I could set something up here in Las Vegas for the awards. And it could be covered by SpikeTV. lol We could call it the "Witty Awards" :banana:

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics