• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Proposal: Annual Signature Series Witness Award(s)

56 posts in this topic

Ditko doesn't leave his house nor does he sign so I won't fall for that one either. You guys really need to think of a creator or celebrity I would believe might come to dallas and sign. Please note it needs to be a creator I really like or haven't gotten a SS book from.

Other wise I would pass it up. And don't try using Mcfarlane because I can just call and ask.

I do like shiny objects. But alas I have many and do not need more. This would not stall me.

You want to know the secret way to trick me. Use a name like Sam Kieth, Steve Sckroce,

Stephen Platt, Rob Zombie, ect.

Don't list the exact location or time. I will go mad looking for the information. That will stall me for about 3 day. then I will give up.

Ok, jumping in back to the original idea. Why not have a CGC awards event that honors both witnesses and collectors? Some of these collections are certainly worth honoring. And being the smart business people that they/we are, you could turn the whole thing into a giant signing/sketching opportunity if you brought in some artists/creators to hand out the awards. At any rate, it would be a lot of fun.

Rogue Signature Series Witness

(who is the witness that stays out of the spotlight the most?) This way they get the spotlight for a minute.

Best Private Signing Set up by a Witness

(for bringing the community an opportunity they could not get through a con)

I also like Mutant Key's idea about the regional thing. That way each region has their top guys....it is an interesting twist.

OH I just thought of one more.........this one could be judged on a show by show basis by the people at the CGC booth.

Who commissioned/acquired the best pieces (artistically) on their books per show.

-We know we show the cgc guys our hot sketches.

-Going to these cons is all about getting the most done possible in the short time you have. (at least for me)

-you know everyone races for commissions anyway.

-Also this way someone who only goes to one or two shows (instead of the overall mass yearly award idea) has a shot at being recognized for their ability to get good artwork out of the talent that is present. (which is a definite SKILL IMO) (going off of Jesper's point about attention to detail/quality etc.)