• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Proposal: Annual Signature Series Witness Award(s)

56 posts in this topic

Do you guys honestly feel that this will bring you together and not cause in-fighting? I mean, you already are a roudy bunch as it is. ;)

Paul,

This is what Sharon has been dreaming of. I can hear her now yelling "WITNESSES UNITE" while thrusting her fist into the air. lol

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

Wow, there seems to be a lot of interest for this. I can really picture Sharon pumping her fist in the air shouting "Witnesses Unite!" or something like that. But, yes, a lot of this is subjective in terms of whose is "best" or "most rare." One man's holy grail is another man's common collector's item sometimes.

Maybe for New York or MegaCon next year, we can start something grassroots among ourselves, then if it goes smoothly, set something up for the summer with CGC's support.

Joel

I realize there are CGC registry awards, but since I'm relatively new, I'm going to ask the question. Are there any live award ceremonies/trophies/oscar statues for these collectors? Both collectors and witnesses have a high level of commitment to do the things that get them recognized, and I think it would be fun to bring it all together under one roof. I also think it would stimulate interest in signature series if other collectors could see the end results of the witnesses work.

Any more progress on the 2008 Numpties?

You are leading in three categories:

(1) Witness with Sweetest Soul Patch

(2) Witness with Largest Man-Crush on Joe Madureia (but you are losing to pirate in the "Overall Man-Crush" category - Barry Kitson of course)

(3) Witness most likely to get Public Enemy SS of Chuck D, Flav-O-Flav and Terminator X

Any more progress on the 2008 Numpties?

You are leading in three categories:

(1) Witness with Sweetest Soul Patch

(2) Witness with Largest Man-Crush on Joe Madureia (but you are losing to pirate in the "Overall Man-Crush" category - Barry Kitson of course)

(3) Witness most likely to get Public Enemy SS of Chuck D, Flav-O-Flav and Terminator X

hm .......... I do love some P.E.