• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So, how much is the Marvel Horror Bronze Age worth?

23 posts in this topic

personally i have never found huge groups to do very well. At the least it should be broken down into title, but to be honest if the grades range from 7.0-9.4 it appeals to 2 different types of collectors, neither of which will pay what they would otherwise to get books they don't want. For instance the high grade guys won't buy a collection with 7.0's and the low grade guys won't pony up the $$$ to purchase them knowing they can get all 7.0's for cheap. When i have large group i break into like condition & do much better.

I agree whenever I see books in runs they never seemt o do as well as when raw. Another probelm with an entire run is some people don't want to lay down the money for the whole thing if they already have a large portion of it. I got the entire Joker run CGC graded 9.0-9.6 on all 9 issues for $182.50. I was reluctant to bid because I already had 4 issues graded but they would all be upgrades if I won. The cost to slab all those issues would have been $135. Then there is shipping, and auction fees. Plus who knows how much the person who CGC'd them paid for the raw copies. The total value raw 9.4 is $208 for the run. I would bet that if the books were sold individual they would have sold for more than $182.50 combined. I have seen some copies from 5-9 issues not even highest in the census sell for in the $40 and $50 range, because there aren' to many of them slabbed but a boat load of issue 1 are out there. I'm not sure i ever came across an issue 5 slabbed for sale so that one could have possible brought in a decent amount as it is also 9.4.