• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM 25,28,31,37,51,55,59,68,69,70,78 .....4sale

6 posts in this topic

The scans you have are very high quality. smile.gif I was wondering what scanner you used and what pixel size/compression you used on your images.

HP 4200C

906 x 1315 pixel size is about 80% of original scan size. I even go down to 60% and still have great scans.

Compression is usually high at 60% If it's a top dollar book I'll bump it to maximum and between 80-90 %. Most of the time you cant tell the difference between high and maximum.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info on the scans. I downloaded one of the pictures and noticed the pixels per inch were set to 120. That is a bit unusual, but it seems to work well. I'm going to try that on some of mine tonight.

By the way. I'm not up to speed on what raw books in this condition would bring (I was thinking order of magnitude something like $2 to $10) but then I found this auction and went HOLY S@#T!!

Amazing Spider-Man #28

Moral to this story: If you sell it raw on eBay, don't use these nice scans you have! Use an itty bitty scan.