• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LCS vs. Mail-Order. Who gets NM right?

23 posts in this topic

Anyone have any experiences with mycomicshop.com?

mycomicshop.com is actually the website for my LCS. If you are buying new books, they come in ok shape. I've stopped ordering back issues from them because their grading is pretty lax. I've purchased about 50 GI Joe (Marvel) back issues from them in what they describe as NM. Not one has come back from CGC higher than a 9.0.

Don't order new comics from MyComicshop unless you are ok with them being all dinged up. They don't bag and board the books, just throw them into a box and send them. If you complain about condition they'll tell you to go jump. Their back issues are even worse. The owner, Buddy whatever his name is, is also an A number-one hole. Whenever I hear his name it makes me laugh because I remember years ago a friend telling me to beware of anyone named buddy since you can be sure he's not and never will be your buddy.

There are really two choices: DCBS or Comic Supply.