• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Torn on what to submit in person in Texas

8 posts in this topic

I see that they are going to have on site gradings at the con. I can't pass up this opportunity to have some of my stuff graded. I mostly buy graded comics off of people, instead of getting my own graded because I want all my graded comics to be of the same grade (9.6), it helps me keep focus on what I want to collect. So I'm torn, about submitting something, if it comes back too low, deslab and leave it in the collection, if it comes back too high...I guess I'll have to sell it, or try to trade it for a 9.6 grade plus a little extra...or maybe, I could do, reverse screening...

Say...If my book is higher than a 9.6 can you please just give it a 9.6, 27_laughing.gif.

I dont profess to be a great grader, so Im only going to take books that look flawless to my naked eye, figuring that they well see stuff I dont and hope it gets a 9.6.

Any way the point of this post...

Im torn because I got some stuff that I love, that I would like to get graded, stuff that not many people would get graded. Like my !mpact (yes I love 'em) or Red Circle stuff, maybe some Ultraverse, or non-key issues to complete a run. you know...things, most people wouldnt get slabbed, because its not investment material. I want it, heck I need it to get 9.6's to stay in my collection of graded books.

just a Sojourn .

I had a small stack that I was going to bring, but opted out at the last minute.

I took that one because I couldnt see any thing wrong with it, and I wanted to get a gauge of what my eye might be.

I understand the $50 slab fee, for onsite grading. You really should have just submitted it through them and saved yourself a chunk of change. It would only have been $15 plus return shipping.

It was only 20 dollar flat fee there. I think I came out ahead, saving on shipping and what not.

I will probably submit more, only books that I cant see anything wrong with, figuring I should get a 9.6 or 9.8 and then Ill just sell the 9.8's