• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Josh Howard "City of the Living Dead" Cover Recreation

5 posts in this topic

When I first saw the cover to The City of The Living Dead I put it in the back of my mind that if I were to ever have Josh do a commission I would have him recreate that cover in his style. Well this summer I decided to have a commission done and that is exactly what I had him do. The piece arrived today and I absolutely love it. I had high expectations and Josh absolutely blew my expectations out of the water. I told him to make the piece his own as well as have fun with it and he definitely did. When I sent him an email telling him the piece had arrived he sent an email back telling he had a blast working on the piece. You can really tell he had fun doing it. :cloud9::headbang:

Link to CAF with the piece.

CityofTheLivingDead.jpg

The original image of the cover I sent Josh.

cityofthelivingdeaddt5.jpg

That is absolutely sweet. I love Howard's style.

Are you friends with Josh? I noticed you have more than one commission, so I wasn't sure...

Thanks. I really love Josh's style also. I just can't seem to get enough of his art. As of right now I have over 80 pieces of art by Josh and am always looking for more. :cloud9::headbang:

No, I'm not really friends with Josh. I have never met him. Most of the pieces that I have I have purchased directly from Josh through email or purchased on eBay from him or other sellers. Josh lists quite a few pieces on eBay that look like they could be pieces that were commissioned (ie. Ghostbusters Girl). This piece is the first piece that I actually had the idea for and asked Josh to do for me so I would say this is the only real commission piece that I have. I can't really say that any of the others are commissions because I did not personally ask Josh to do it for me though I am sure a couple of them probably are pieces that were commissioned. :)

Agreed, That is a great commission.

I don't see alot of color work by Josh. He did a fantastic job on this piece. He needs to do more color work!

Recently Josh has been starting to do more color pieces. I have a few color pieces. I also have a cave girl piece that he listed on eBay. I agree his color pieces are fantastic. :)

Josh said this cover recreation would be $150 for B&W or $200 for Color. I am sure glad that I decided to go color for this piece. I think it was well worth the extra money. :)