• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question: inside cover sigs...hm

22 posts in this topic

so if i have a raw book, lets say a 9.2 for fun....and it has been signed and sketched on the inside cover...

correct me if i'm wrong but,if i send this in to be slabbed...i have two choices:

1) score the blue label with a grade decrease....(how much are we talking about on a grade decrease for a Sig AND sketch?? a point or two??) or

2) get a GLOD and have the book graded normally, with no grade deduction for the sig and sketch on the interior?

am i correct in assuming these things? if not, where am i wrong?

thanks in advance...

Do yourself a favor and don't bother sending in the book to get slabbed.

If it's sketched and you get it slabbed - it won't get the yellow label and you won't be able to see the sketch

forget about the grade, you wont be able to see the sketch!

I agree with oneasian. I'd keep the book in a mylite so that I can see and show the auto and sketch. I've seen a Superman/Batman #4 German variant that got a GLOD 9.8 just for having the serial number signed by hand on the inside cover.

I agree with oneasian. I'd keep the book in a mylite so that I can see and show the auto and sketch. I've seen a Superman/Batman #4 German variant that got a GLOD 9.8 just for having the serial number signed by hand on the inside cover.

Did he have a choice between GLOD and blue?

you guys are missing the entire point of this thread..

i don't care about seeing the sig or the sketch, but am interested in SELLING this book..

the choices between GLOD and blue label..

what are my options?

can i blue label it with a grade decrease, or can i get a GLOD with no grade decrease?

Do yourself a favor and don't bother sending in the book to get slabbed.

If it's sketched and you get it slabbed - it won't get the yellow label and you won't be able to see the sketch

forget about the grade, you wont be able to see the sketch!

again, trying to SELL the book...just trying to figure out my option...

you guys are missing the entire point of this thread..

i don't care about seeing the sig or the sketch, but am interested in SELLING this book..

the choices between GLOD and blue label..

what are my options?

can i blue label it with a grade decrease, or can i get a GLOD with no grade decrease?

the above is what i'm interested in :)

if you're trying to sell the book, i think you'd be doing yourself a disservice in thinking about grading it when there's a sketch on the interior.

the sketch on the inside should be a big selling point, and if it gets slabbed, you can't use that to your advantage.

lets just say that sigs and sketches are plentiful for this artist/creator...at this point, a slabbed book commands a much higher price...they are very difficult to find in HG..

does anyone have ANY info about the question:

when slabbing a book with an interior sig and sketch, does one have a choice between a blue label (with a grade decrease) or a GLOD with NO grade decrease?

There is a thread for Signature Series Questions & Answers.

Kevin Boyd probably would have answered your question by now, but I think he's in Baltimore this weekend. I'm sure if you post there kevthemev will give you the answer you're looking for.

Did you really need to reply four straight times to state the same thing? After the first time you stated that you were planning on selling it, don't think you needed the other three (the last of which was a reply to your first mention of selling it).

Now, none of us "missed the point," because you never originally stated that you were planning on selling it. If you mentioned that in the original posting, then maybe we'd all have different advice about this situation, but still not the official answer you were looking for.

That being said, as Raph pointed out, Kevin Boyd is in Baltimore, and can probably respond to your question on Monday or Tuesday.

Though, if I'm not mistaken, regardless of whether it is a blue label with defect, or GLOD, both of which would not state who sketched in the book, if it even states a sketch at all. From what I've seen with GLOD, it's usually "name written on the cover" stated on the labels. Not anyone specific on the label.

If those GLOD did state that there's a drawing and name written inside the book, that too would not state anyone specific that drew the sketch and signed it.

Honestly, if this book is for sale, you're better off not slabbing it, so you can show people the sketch. Interior sketches are pointless for a slabbed book, regardless of the creator.

Did you really need to reply four straight times to state the same thing? After the first time you stated that you were planning on selling it, don't think you needed the other three (the last of which was a reply to your first mention of selling it).

Now, none of us "missed the point," because you never originally stated that you were planning on selling it. If you mentioned that in the original posting, then maybe we'd all have different advice about this situation, but still not the official answer you were looking for.

He didn't ask for advice. The "point" of a question is to have it answered. Since some of the boardmembers kept giving their advice, I find no fault in his repeatedly stating the question so the thread stays on topic. Board derailments happen quite often around here and he obviously needed an answer quickly. :)

He didn't ask for advice. The "point" of a question is to have it answered. Since some of the boardmembers kept giving their advice, I find no fault in his repeatedly stating the question so the thread stays on topic. Board derailments happen quite often around here and he obviously needed an answer quickly. :)

exactly! thx, docgo ;)