• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The financial crash and Ebay

85 posts in this topic

Go through the last 3 pages in general and I'll bet you find 1/2 dozen threads talking about the same thing you just asked about.

R.

SNAP!

I guess so...I just didn't mean it that way...it's just that you can only ask the same question so many times, right?

If you were at the Baltimore con this weekend, it seemed as if there was no problems w/ the economy. 99% of the sellers wanted full price or more for "really good" stuff...........

That said, I am worried about America's future......... :(

If you were at the Baltimore con this weekend, it seemed as if there was no problems w/ the economy. 99% of the sellers wanted full price or more for "really good" stuff...........

Agreed Steve, the way people were spending money on comics showed little or no concern about the economy. What we do have to ask is what percentage of those spending money have mortgages, families, etc compared to those still living at home.

Regardless of the recession I am worried about the future of not only this country but everyone else.

Awww.. the Market is just correcting itself!

These things have to happen every so often to clean up the bad blood!

(GODFATHER PART 1)

Let's see what happens six months from now. If things don't turn around, I think there will be lots of "bargains" around.

Let's see what happens six months from now. If things don't turn around, I think there will be lots of "bargains" around.

When a AF 15 CGC 8.5 just sells for $118K, it seems like no bargains are in the future!

Comics seem to be a good hedge against the difficult stock market right now.

Unfortunately there is no more speculation. Today is a bad day and as a financial economics expert I am scared and this is a fresh look at the crisis now that it is here. The dow closed down 777 points (kind of ironic considering vegas) today. That is not good fellow forumnites. Someone make me feel good for my family and 6 kids.........

I have kept pretty mum about the financial problems, but i will lay in my two cents. After going through September 11, 2001, this country can weather the tide of anything. It may be painful and it may be far-reaching, but we will plow through. 9/11 was unbelievably devasting financially for small businesses, particularly in the Midwest. Established, successful small businesses were hammered by 9/11. It didn't get as much pub as this financial crisis. Large business getting pounded is much better news. We must tighten our belts and we must curtail our reliance upon debt. We will get through this.

Comics have always weathered the economic storms as well as anything

I have kept pretty mum about the financial problems, but i will lay in my two cents. After going through September 11, 2001, this country can weather the tide of anything. It may be painful and it may be far-reaching, but we will plow through. 9/11 was unbelievably devasting financially for small businesses, particularly in the Midwest. Established, successful small businesses were hammered by 9/11. It didn't get as much pub as this financial crisis. Large business getting pounded is much better news. We must tighten our belts and we must curtail our reliance upon debt. We will get through this.

H*ll ...I'd just like to drive down one street here in Charlotte and see ALL the gas stations selling gas.

Think we along with the Atlanta and Nashville areas and the NC/TN/GA mountains seem to be in this situation alone... but just goes to show how precarious the gas situation really is.