• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Love this Wolverine painting on deviantart

15 posts in this topic

Everything is great about it except the scale.

Given how large T-rex's were in height...this would make Wolverine about 24 inches tall. :roflmao:

C

Given how large T-rex's were in height...this would make Wolverine about 24 inches tall. :roflmao:

C

I love comic fans.

You don't question the existence of a living dinosaur.

You don't question the existence of a clawed man with regenerative healing powers.

But you question the scale between the two.

;)

C

I love comic fans.

You don't question the existence of a clawed man with regenerative healing powers.

;)

Now listen ya bastich...... :sumo: and I mean that in the best possible way cuz you know I luhvs ya. (thumbs u

You know that scale and relative size/perspective are legitimate criteria on which to judge artwork. The anatomy, scale, or perspective being off have nothing to do with whether or not the action taking place in the piece is taking place in our world.

The subject matter of the piece be it fictional or factual doesn't really matter. In the fictional world where Wolverine exists there is a savage land where T-rex's still live so I would not question either's right to be. Wolverine has an established size and so do Savage Land Dino's. So either that T-Rex is 250% larger than it should be or wolverine got hit with a shrink(age) ray.

Captain America doesn't exist but that doesn't stop anyone from criticizing the Liefeld man-boob version does it? Cap's not real but there's something really wrong with this...right?

livestock~captain.jpg

Geez, Cap's at a profile, but his man bosoms are so giant that they are at a 3/4 view! Yet another example of Rob Liefeld taking all historical lessons of anatomical study and wiping his arse with them!

I find the Wolvie piece to be excellently done and providing a great sense of mood, despite the discrepancy in the scales of Logan and the T-Rex. The Liefeld Cap makes me want to barf... :sick:

C

I love comic fans.

;)

That's exactly what I was thinking.

It reminds me of a conversation I had with Kurt Busiek. Shortly after Marvels came out I saw him at a con. We were shooting the bull and joking around. I said that he needed to work up a 1 shot redoing the What If? where Aunt May became a herald of Galactus. The smile literally melted off his face and he said, "I don't think that was a real story." I said sure it was... it just happened to be in one of those Assistant Editor Month books... still joking around. Then he got really snippy... "No, that doesn't count, it's not a real story." To which I replied... "Snap back to reality fan-boy. You realize this is all just make believe don't you?" He just scowled at me.

And for the record – I love the Wolverine painting.

Even if the scale is completely wrong. ;)

Actually I agree....I love several things about it...it's such a visceral piece.

C