• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Welcome Back....

40 posts in this topic

Yea, most Phish kids I meet are super nice. I have been to many shows and festivals, but Phish fans are by far the nicest. You should check them out Mikey. They will definitely be playing in the Maryland area. They have only played Fla a handful of times. OOO I wish I went to HS in the north..

Nerfherder, why are you not making the trip?

Because I already had the best experience and I don't want to taint that.

I had seats that right up front in an executive booth with a table and a server.

I have seen Trey Anastasio by himself a couple of times as well.

I respect the following that Phish has, but I saw them once and that was good enough for me.

I have been to about 200 concerts in my life time and there are very few that I would

go twice to.

Pink Floyd is one.

Nice. I felt the same way. The one show I saw was on NYE and was a 3 setter. How can you beat that? But I figure I am still very young, and Phish has the potential to play shows for the next 20+ years if Trey stays off the drugs.

I have seen Trey 10 times with his other bands, and while I still love his style, nothing he does will ever compare to PHISH

I have already conceded the fact they I will never see half the bands I listen to daily.. I just want to see a rockin Zeppelin show before its too late. With the way Plant/Krauss have been touring, we wont see a tour for a while..

I'll pass.

Hey Ring...I'm not a Phish fan at all, but I wasn't kidding about them covering the Who. Check this out if you don't already have it:

http://www.amazon.com/Live-Phish-Vol-14-Rosemont/dp/B00006LHWJ

I really hate to admit it, but they pull off "Quadrophenia" live better than the Who ever did back in the day! Their version of "5:15" is pretty incredible (and this coming from a guy--me!--who wore out at least two copies of the original LP on vinyl)...

Mrs. Donut is a much bigger Phish Head than I am - and she's also a serious Metallica fan, go figure - so we've already put in our ticket requests for all three nights, which are March 7-9, not 6-8. I like Phish, but I always thought Phish crowds were, after the death of Jerry Garcia, trying to replicate the Dead experience.

If we get tickets, we'll just drive down for the show and come back - its about 3 hours. If you get tickets, something to consider is renting a beach house in the North Carolina Outer Banks for the weekend. It will be seriously off-peak, and Hampton is about 70 miles away, straight up the Chesapeake highway.

Donut... the shows are March 6-8, not 7-9 like you stated. The 8th is a Sunday night, they wouldnt have a run go Sat-Monday.

I actually just booked one of the last hotel rooms available in the Courtyard this morning. All of the cheap stuff is sold out already.

Mrs. Donut and I will probably rent a beach house in Nags Head if we get tickets. Will probably be cheaper than a hotel, especially if we get more than one night.

Good luck. Most tickets will be given out through Ticketmaster. I called Amex and they will take care of that for me in case I dont get the lottery.

My buddy and I entered the lottery for the Miami run in 03. I ended up getting tickets to all 4 shows, but my friend WON the lottery. He actually got first row seats 25,26 (dead center). Could have sold them for insane amount of money, but fortunately enjoyed Trey up close ans personal

Good luck. Most tickets will be given out through Ticketmaster. I called Amex and they will take care of that for me in case I dont get the lottery.

My buddy and I entered the lottery for the Miami run in 03. I ended up getting tickets to all 4 shows, but my friend WON the lottery. He actually got first row seats 25,26 (dead center). Could have sold them for insane amount of money, but fortunately enjoyed Trey up close ans personal

Amex is taking care of you? I've got a nice silvery Amex card that I never ever use. Who did you call?

Actually had my dad call Amex. I dont have one. I think its called Concierge but I am not sure what card my dad has. My good friend from New York called me and told me he has a Platinum Amex and called up, and they listed dates for the shows. I am sure you can just call the number on the back of your card to find stuff out.

I am also pretty sure they just go on Ticketmaster for you when they go on sale. So I dont even think I am going to end up using it. I have had good luck with lottery/Ticketmaster for Phish in the past :wishluck:

Geez, am I the only old far# Phish fan here? One of my teenage flunkies played A Picture of Nectar for me when it was new, I've been a fan ever since.

He's in his 30's with a family now..and I'm 54. Saw them play once, at an ice arena in Kalamazoo, one of the best shows I've ever seen.