• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signatures That Are "Right On The Money"

23 posts in this topic

The window bag thread brought up a question that's bugged me for awhile. Is there a good (and polite) way to get signers to place their signature in the best possible place? Are some creators more receptive than others? Who are the best and worst to get a signature from in a specific place? To be clear, I'm not blaming any witnesses for the placement, it's the signers.

My personal votes for consistently worst placement are Stan Lee and Joe Quesada.

All that white space at the bottom and Lee and Sinnott both signed over the art...

CGCSSFFLost.jpg

And Quesada generally signs right over the face of the character......

7f1d_1.JPG

I don't own any Quesada's for that reason...it just irritates me and besides that I'm not a huge fan in the first place.

Hey I resent that :) , thats my (was mine just sold on ebay) Daredevil #3 your showing (i did use the window bag) and I personally love silver sigs on comics and the red on Daredevils face is a nice dark area on the book to sign, In retrospect I would have liked him to sign on the moon.

Hey I resent that :) , thats my (was mine just sold on ebay) Daredevil #3 your showing (i did use the window bag) and I personally love silver sigs on comics and the red on Daredevils face is a nice dark area on the book to sign, In retrospect I would have liked him to sign on the moon.

I didn't realize that was yours! :blush:

Just a perfect example of how he does it. I was actually looking for one of the Invincible Iron Man Philly books where he put his "Q" right on Shellhead's face every time.

Quesada for the most part, always puts his sig on the face, which kinda bugs me, though I don't have many books signed by him. Maybe try window bagging a specific area, and closing off the face, whenever getting books signed by him.

When Comicgrinder took my ASM 50 to be signed by Stan Lee, I purposely sent it double bagged with the inner bag having the signature area cut out. JRSR did a bangup job signing for the best possible placement. The one JoeQ signature I have is actually a decent one--Sword of Azrael #1 (mini series) and it's off to the side. I hooked someone up with a Jim Lee signature (only needed two myself), and Jim had no problem with the signature bag.

I just got back about 30 Stan Lee books where he did an awesome job with sig placement....never had any problems before.

Only one I saw was with that big spider on that ASM 129 that time lol

Stan did a good job picking placement on this book. Would have been a little cleaner had he used a finer point sharpie. Still....pretty solid:

001SSTHOR181.jpg

Had the opportunity to add Adams, so I decided to resub the book. Neal almost always has a clean & tight signature.

Well.....except when he's using a thick silver sharpie. :tonofbricks:

1THOR181.jpg

but he's handwriting is tough. Then again, so isn't mine so... :shrug:

(shrug) Hitting the homebrew a little early today?

:baiting:

I wish! That was written during my 2nd to last class (yay for tests!) and I was definitely ready for some brew! But, Mrs. Mac Man made (ooooh alliteration!) her famous Cheddar Ale soup tonight, so that should count for something?-)