• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Live.com Ebay discount back up to 30% as of 10/3/08

408 posts in this topic

Picked up a killer copy of X-Men 106 in 9.6 yesterday with 30% cash back.

Today I can only get 25%. Strange how they change it back a forth.

So far I am up to $388 cash back. :banana:

Out of 8 transactions so far, none of them have been instant cash back. Maybe some day. :wishluck:

N/M Found the Answers......Now I will share....

Q: Is there a limit on how much cashback savings I can get?

A: You can earn up to $2,500 in cashback savings every calendar year! We want cashback rewards to go to a broad variety of consumers who search and shop on Live Search for their personal purchases. If a single purchase causes you to meet and also exceed this cap, you can still earn all the cashback savings associated with that purchase, provided that all other eligibility requirements are met.

Looks like this will be around for quite a while!

Looks like Best Buy will be getting much less of my Business Now!

Thank you Bill Gates, you may be the Anti-Christ, but I <3 ya just the same.

agree...and yes, Microsoft is the underwriter for these cashback incentives. it's not the merchant, PayPal, etc. :gossip:

I just logged in and I am getting a 20% sticker instead of 30%... :sorry:

I knew I should have bought stuff yesterday.

It is still 25%.

Just type in the ever popular "Wii Cheap" in the search engine.

The first option to come up is only 20% but the second one down for Ebay is 25%.

Sometimes the 25% on the top. The search results are never consistent.

It is still 25%.

The first option to come up is only 20% but the second one down for Ebay is 25%.

(thumbs u

It is still 25%.

(thumbs u

Thank you.

yep, looks like it's been dialed back to 20%. But now, there's no wait and is always instant (shrug)

http://blogs.msdn.com/livesearch/archive/2008/12/01/you-asked-for-it-instant-cashback.aspx

What I've read on other boards is that the payment is instant only if the seller has specified no returns or, maybe, has no return policy.

yep, looks like it's been dialed back to 20%. But now, there's no wait and is always instant (shrug)

http://blogs.msdn.com/livesearch/archive/2008/12/01/you-asked-for-it-instant-cashback.aspx

What I've read on other boards is that the payment is instant only if the seller has specified no returns or, maybe, has no return policy.

I thought that as well, but I don't think that's the case. I just checked one of the auctions that was instant for me, and they had provided a detailed return policy.

My theory is that you if you pay with a paypal balance (not an instant transfer from your bank account or credit card), you get the instant rewards back - that's what happened to me anyway.

been paying via CC since the start. hm

My theory is that you if you pay with a paypal balance (not an instant transfer from your bank account or credit card), you get the instant rewards back - that's what happened to me anyway.

I bought before I activated my live account so my first purchase I am thinking I am out of luck but oh well....Did you get your books?

after thinking about this more, here's the only pattern I can see...

1. you need to make at least one purchase and get all your accounts (ebay + live + paypal) linked

2. subsequent purchases have been instant (2 for 2 so far)

All searches now lead to only 20%. :(

Anybody getting anything higher?

nope. also my theory about how to always achieve "instant" cashback is kaput as well as it didn't happen on my most recent purchase.

Sadly no. Oh well, 20% is still better then nothing.