• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Live.com Ebay discount back up to 30% as of 10/3/08

408 posts in this topic

Yea, I don't really get that. I was torn between two books and I decided to pick one up and I added the other to my ebay "watch list". The next day I pulled it up again through live.com and purchase it and I still received the 30% off :banana:

I guess you can just login as many times as you want to live.com and extend your session?

Yea, I don't really get that. I was torn between two books and I decided to pick one up and I added the other to my ebay "watch list". The next day I pulled it up again through live.com and purchase it and I still received the 30% off :banana:

I guess you can just login as many times as you want to live.com and extend your session?

Right, as long as you enter eBay via a live.com search, you have access to the cashback promotion for the next hour. Though I haven't tested it, my understanding is that 60 minutes after you begin your session, if you refresh your browser, the cashback logo will disappear from your eBay page. Just always look for the logo before you hit the BIN, and you should be good! (thumbs u

Anybody knows if this works from Canada ???

Using Live.com I always end up in ebay.ca not ebay.com :sorry:

I doubt the offer is valid in Canada. Lawyers usually put this in the fine print. They probably would insist you have a US mailing address where they can mail the cash back.

You would have to get a friend/relative in the USA to get the discount for you and have the cash back checks mailed in your name to their address. Then they give you the checks and you deposit them in Canada. That is probably the only way you can take advantage of this.

I doubt the offer is valid in Canada. Lawyers usually put this in the fine print. They probably would insist you have a US mailing address where they can mail the cash back.

You would have to get a friend/relative in the USA to get the discount for you and have the cash back checks mailed in your name to their address. Then they give you the checks and you deposit them in Canada. That is probably the only way you can take advantage of this.

Thanks! I'm not surprised... :(

Just fyi, there are no checks to be mailed. It all works on your PayPal balance: You must pay via PayPal and your eventual reimbursement gets credited to your PayPal balance. :gossip:

Right, as long as you enter eBay via a live.com search, you have access to the cashback promotion for the next hour. Though I haven't tested it, my understanding is that 60 minutes after you begin your session, if you refresh your browser, the cashback logo will disappear from your eBay page. Just always look for the logo before you hit the BIN, and you should be good! (thumbs u

I think the trick is to go to eBay first and find the books you want. Write down the item # and then do your search. You should have plenty of time that way. I believe you can only buy one item at a time without initiating another search.

I emailed one guy and got him to put 5 bike components in one action. He did it, lowered the prices because I was getting five items, and I used the 30% on top of that. I've already used my 6 online purchases up. I might open another ebay account..... I don't understand the 6 purchases...vs.....$2500 annual.. 6 purchases only nets you $1200 max.. Anyone understand this?

Still seems to be going. One caveat. I noticed fine print that you must make the purchase within 60 minutes of clicking from live.com to ebay.

How long does it take to get the confirmation email on purchases. I made 2 today and I don't see a link or anywhere I can check to see where the money is adding up.

You should get a message from email first. It will state the you earned "cashback".

You will then need to "get Cashback" which you need to click on and it will take you to live.com where you can login to your live.com account.

It will take about 1-2 days before you see it pending in you live.com account.

You should get a message from email first. It will state the you earned "cashback".

You will then need to "get Cashback" which you need to click on and it will take you to live.com where you can login to your live.com account.

It will take about 1-2 days before you see it pending in you live.com account.

Thanks.

Sweet deal.....30% off and I can combine it with a 10% (100 max discount) EBAY promo code...40% of up to 600.00 purchase :D sweet.....might get that ASM 300 9.8 after all :D

what is the 10% promo code? does it work for anyone?

Not sure...I checked "My Ebay" today and they sent me a 10% off coupon good for one purchase untill 10-31-08....after reading the Microsoft cashback disclaimer, I can use the current 30% discount with this 10% coupon from Ebay and get basically 40% discount total up to the first 660.00 purchased... I have been wanting a Punisher #1 9.8 ( #1 in the limited series) for awhile...I found one on EBAY for 475.00 BIN, with discounts that would only cost me 285 + Shpg... would think that's a good price for that comic :banana:

Before I pull the trigger...On the Ebay listing, when I go into the "Review and commit to buy" screen, I don't see a Live.com logo as some have mentioned.....I have a "Microsoft cashback" logo and lets you know if the item qualifies....some sellers are using a third party checkout site or do not take PAYPAL...which doesn't meet the requirements for this cashback discount.... this is one helluva deal at 30% :D