• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Journey into Mystery 99 9.6!

13 posts in this topic

Spoke with a guy yesterday who owns this book - amongst other very nice high grade books - and it will soon be on ebay! Have never seen Journeys under 120 in that grade. I t has no stamps and has ow/w pages. I am betting it will go close to $4000. Any guesses before the fireworks start? He is also going to list a Tales to astonish 59 in 9.4 - another book I have never seen over 9.2!

Tales to astonish 59 in 9.4 - another book I have never seen over 9.2!

805001162o.jpg

December 6, 2002 for $1,610.00

As for the JIM 99, I would guess it might hit 2.5-3K or so. I can't see it hitting 4K, as it's a non-key. But who knows? Would you pay 4K for it?

I would not pay anything like that for it - but knowing some of the bsd buyers and the uniqueness of such a book, I think the sky is the limit. A 9.6 copy of a non-key with a pretty ugly cover would not inspire me to spend a lot of money. Most of the JiM books under 100 do not have great art or covers - 87 has nice colors but is pretty lame - the only ones I really like are 88 with Odin and Loki, the all-time classic 89, and 95. I would spend some money on 9.2 or better copies of those but am happy with 9.0 copies of the others. And besides spending the kind of $$$ it will take to get that book is overkill. I doubt it will look noticeably better than a 9.2 or a 9.4. On the other hand, I would love to have that 9.4 Tales 59 but doubt I would pay $1600 - I think I paid about $500 for a 9.2 some time ago.

I think the sky is the limit.

I disagree. There are two other 9.6 books which means, more than likely, Brulato and Schmell are out of the mix, so insanity will not be the rule of law for the auction. My prediction is that Mark Wilson will be the high bidder at a hefty price but it won't go over $2500.

You heard it here first kiddies.

Admitedly I haven't looked at the census but is 99 really that rare compared to the issues around it? It seems Heritage has a 9.4 of 99 in every auction. Show me a 9.6 under 90 and I'd be really impressed. Any of those coming down the pipe from this store in Va Clobberintime?

Eric sign-rantpost.gif

He is going to wait until after turkey day - probably a smart move considering travel. Judging by the prices those Suspense 41,42,43 just went to, it is definitely a pretty hot high grade silver market right now and a good time to sell. I will probably cool my heels until after Christmas as far a spricey ebay stuff goes - too many nuts around right now.