• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sad "NM" Cat Upgrade Attempt

5 posts in this topic

I picked up raw copies of Cat #1 - 4 on eBay as "NM", and they actually looked pretty damn good when they arrived. I already had CGC'd copies as:

Cat 1 - 8.5

Cat 2 - 9.4

Cat 3 - 9.6

Cat 4 - 9.4

I just received my raw books back from CGC as:

Cat 1 - 8.0 (Restored)

Cat 2 - 8.0

Cat 3 - 9.2

Cat 4 - 8.5

Not even one upgrade! And an undisclosed restored #1. What a bummer.

Pics of all of the above at:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lemurware/ComicsCat

Dude, The Cat is a Bronze title, so your post is misplaced in the Silver Age forum. Beyond that, as one of your goalsl seems to be letting people know that you've got books available on the Link, perhaps placing this thread in the Marketplace would be most appropriate.

I picked up raw copies of Cat #1 - 4 on eBay as "NM", and they actually looked pretty damn good when they arrived. I already had CGC'd copies as:

Cat 1 - 8.5

Cat 2 - 9.4

Cat 3 - 9.6

Cat 4 - 9.4

I just received my raw books back from CGC as:

Cat 1 - 8.0 (Restored)

Cat 2 - 8.0

Cat 3 - 9.2

Cat 4 - 8.5

Not even one upgrade! And an undisclosed restored #1. What a bummer.

Sorry for your headaches. :( It's always frustrating to find out purchases were overgraded.

But in fairness...you are buying raw books off Ebay to upgrade slabbed 9.4s and 9.6s? That seems more than a touch optimistic. (shrug)