• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: Huge Fantastic Four #64 cover painting in Kirby style!

1 post in this topic

I haven't really been trying to "move" this piece since I like it in my collection. However, I stumbled across a piece yesterday that I think I might like even more. It is a tough trade off. If I were to sell this painting I'd really miss it.

This is an original painting by Gale Heimbach which is based off of an alternate Jack Kirby cover to Fantastic Four #64). The paint is acrylic on a thick board which measures 20" tall and 13" wide. I have been asking $5k for it, but am willing to take SIGNIFICANTLY less if it means getting this other OA I am looking at. If you like the piece send me an offer even if it is a low ball!!!

Heimbach has done many other paintings that were made into trading cards. If I remember correctly, the Fleer Ultra Spider-man series from maybe 1994 or 1995 had several Heimbach creations. One that I remember in particular is one featuring Carnage attacking Coney Island. Every Heimbach piece I have seen has been high quality just like this one (there is a camera flash on Thing's left arm):

GaleHeimbach.jpg