• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay ended my Invaders #40 Original Cover Art auction!

24 posts in this topic

Are you kidding me? Next it will be you can't meet the seller in person and pay with cash.

Nope, them's the new ebay rules, unfortunately. If you advertise that you'll take money orders or checks, ebay will delete your auction after Oct 20th.

Shark

Shark, it is illegal to charge credit card fees to purchasers in every state. It is also against the Paypal rules, as well as eBay's rules. Charging the buyer all your fees associated with taking CC or PP is seen as a tax.

In business there is a very simple axiom for the fees we pay to operate - it's called "the cost of doing business" and anyone, including yourself would be outraged if the next time you went to use your credit card at Macy's they said "we have added 4% to your bill to cover our costs".

Think of it this way: you use a credit card because it is easier for you than to always carry cash. Very few people buy a 60 inch plasma screen with cash. Similarly, the business sees your using that credit card as a way to make a sale faster, and easier. If you are selling something, and you wish to be paid quickly, CC and PP are as fast as it gets.

I understand you're probably just mainly a collector, but if you want to do business, you have to accept business principals.. and charging extra fees is against all business principals.

Well put !