• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Somebody's punting their Spideys!!!

8 posts in this topic

ASM 3 CGC 9.0 - Seller's Grading Comments: "Restored - top edge of cover trimmed, staples replaced. Off-white pages"

Wow. Is that really how bad the PLOD affects a books value? The asking price is only $750 and the book guides at $2675. I certainly would not mind the replaced staples that much, if anything this may have stopped rust migration onto the paper. The top edge being trimmed might bother me a little, but its not like all the edges have been trimmed.

For that price I would buy it, break the slab, put it in mylar, and then just admire how nice it looked.

ASM 3 CGC 9.0 - Seller's Grading Comments: "Restored - top edge of cover trimmed, staples replaced. Off-white pages"

Wow. Is that really how bad the PLOD affects a books value? The asking price is only $750 and the book guides at $2675. I certainly would not mind the replaced staples that much, if anything this may have stopped rust migration onto the paper. The top edge being trimmed might bother me a little, but its not like all the edges have been trimmed.

For that price I would buy it, break the slab, put it in mylar, and then just admire how nice it looked.

someone snagg'd it. wonder if we will be seeing that again?? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif