• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OK, Bronze boys and gals..let's get rolling on Iron Man 55....

25 posts in this topic

Wasn't he also only a Robot in IM 55 and the real Thanos was never in that book?

Nope, the real Thanos crushed Iron Man's glove, but later took off (a la Doc Doom) and left his robot minion to hold the fort.

Ok that's what I was wondering. I was never sure if it had been him part of the time and then he switched in a robot or if it was a robot the whole time.

Cons, and it's a biggy:

1) Thanos does not appear on the cover.

Great point jc but I think there is one other significant con: he barely appears in the book!! It's not much more than a cameo. He's in the shadows the entire book, you only see an arm or a leg for most of the book, etc... it's a pretty marginal first appearance! 893whatthe.gif

That being said, I like the book a lot smile.gif

Well if that's the case why isn't Thanos' second appearence his REAL first appearence? Ala...shall I say it? HULK 180 and HULK 181!!!!!

I'd say Thanos would easily be in the Top 10 Marvel villains, but certainly not that high.

You'd have to wade past Dr. Doom, Kingpin, Magneto, Green Goblin, Galactus, and some others before you'd hit Thanos.

I have to agree. Top 10 - Yes, Top 5 - No....

i think you guys are off a little on this one i think it will continue to rise especially since the new thanos series seems pretty good . i think the capt. marvel cover you are thinking of is 31 or 33 one of them has thanos palming captain marvels head. as for top villains thanos is goin toe to toe with galactus as we speak in the new series and he is a titan with some pretty crazy power and technology. when the infinity guantlet series came out i tried to collect every thanos story i could find as well as every warlock story and read em all and the cosmic cube run of capt marvel is pretty solid.thanos not on the cover of im 55 is a drawback tho ill agree there.