• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Complete Annotated Grateful Dead HC

55 posts in this topic

Couldn't make it to the show tonight :cry:

I hear there might be a spring tour if all goes well tonight....... :wishluck::grin:

Why not? I am sorry to hear that. I think they already announced there will be a Spring/Summer tour. May just be rumors but there will DEFINITELY be Dead and Phish tours this summer imho.

I am sure the show will make it to archive.org to listen to

Family stuff.

Maybe the forum DH's can all get together at a show this spring. That would be a rip! (thumbs u

Yes. They always encouraged sharing recordings. I think there has been some fights over this the past couple years with Bobby and Phil. I think the fight though was over sound board recordings. Amateur recordings of Dead shows should always be legal, but I think one of the 2 (Bob or Phil) wanted money for sound boards. If Jerry was alive, all their music would be free lol

I am sure Borock would know some more, but this FOR SURE is not pirated music

Disclaimer - info is from memory, I could be wrong on this

To quote Jerry "Once the music leaves my fingers, I have no use for it."

They were always so damn generous with their music. It was the record companies that charged. Maybe that's why the played better live, they knew they were sharing.......

Has anyone ever thought of getting a Grateful Dead Comix SSed by any of the band members?

Working on it..........

Work on one for me, too, Steve. Lesh + Weir + ? = :cloud9: Thinking of doing the oversized Grateful Dead Comix?

Has anyone ever thought of getting a Grateful Dead Comix SSed by any of the band members?

Working on it..........

Work on one for me, too, Steve. Lesh + Weir + ? = :cloud9: Thinking of doing the oversized Grateful Dead Comix?

Yep, the oversized and adding Tim Truman's sig as well!

Working on it..........

Yep, the oversized and adding Tim Truman's sig as well!

(worship) Respectfully request dibs if you ever decide to move it. :wishluck:

I have a copy of original Workingmans Dead LP signed by the entire original band besides Pigpen..

Pigpen :cloud9:

Last year, I sold a copy of the original Dead Set (Tampa show) record that was signed by Jerry. Kind of wish I hadnt just so it could have a better home on the forums

Past up this GREAT book to spend the $$$ on seeing the Dead reunion (and Allman Bros.) at Penn State this coming Monday night. "Change Rocks" a concert to raise $ to help elect Obama :headbang:

Barack NObama............this guy is trouble!! Just endorsed by Louis Fahrakan!! An empty suit with nothing but Ultra-leftests policies..!! Is that what you want..?? Don't be so stupid.............find out the facts on your own.....please!!

All Steve said was he was going to an event which was endorsing a candidate. I am sure Steve would have gone to the show regardless of which candidate they were endorsing, although the Dead would never back McCain. Steve stated facts, you stated your political opinion

I will not respond to anyone's posts. I want to remain friends with all my forum brothers and sisters.

"Love my country, Distrust my government"

It's all good.

I don't trust my goverment either.

I guess Uncle Sam is still hidin' out in a Rock 'n Roll band... :(

I will not respond to anyone's posts. I want to remain friends with all my forum brothers and sisters.

"Love my country, Distrust my government"

It's all good.

I don't trust my goverment either.

I guess Uncle Sam is still hidin' out in a Rock 'n Roll band... :(

Yeah, it is all good.

Tell you what, my brother just got a hold of a video of the Dead(w/Pigpen) jamming with some(don't know how many) of the Airplane circa 69-70. I think there is a version of 'Goin' down the road feeling bad" and some other stuff. Like I said, I'm not sure what is on it, but my brother says it is of pretty good quality and he is burning a copy for me!!

I WILL MAKE COPIES OF THIS FOR ANYONE THAT IS INTERESTED!!!

Just PM with your address when I post this in the General Forum in the future.

Screw the politics, it's all about the music.

By the way, any of you heads have a tape of any show with Foolish Heart>Foolish Heart jam? :grin:

4-9-91. Only time they went Foolish Heart-> Jam->

You sure.?? I seem to recall a show before with that. I'm not a fan of 90's Dead shows. Some decent after Brent was gone, but most the air had gone out of the balloon fron 91-95.

Although a Garcia Band show was always a better way to appreciate Jerry's talent. He played rhythm and lead all the time on every song(no other guitarist with the band).