• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hotflips Mid-Ohio Report.

13 posts in this topic

:sick:

In all seriousness though, we met a lot of really cool people and a few more board members. Forgive me if I dont remember your names. Buck, Warlord, and a few others. Always a pleasure talking to Roy, Jim (DrWatson) and a few others.

From a business standpoint the show was very slow. There was just not that much traffic walking around. Most of the people at the show were waiting on line for Alan Davis, who was set up right behind me. Maybe it was because FallCon was the same weekend?? They had a lot of artists there and I know some of the top dealers went to do that show.

I was upset from the moment I pulled up to unload my stuff. They would not let anyone pull into the convention center with there vans to unload. They had a whole other part of the center to pull in and wouldnt let us. Instead we had to unload and make numerous trip from outside, through the unused part of the center, then finally to our part of the center.

Friday night went out with a few friends who were set up there and had a good time. More of the same on Saturday night.

Overall, the show was slow but it was fun to actually walk around a show and shoot the breeze with the other dealers. Most shows we are too busy to do that.

On a side note, I bought my first comic in well over 10 years, and I actually read it (I needed something to do while sitting at my booth). Its called "Back to Brooklyn" and its by Jimmy Palmiotti. The title caught my eye because, well, i have lived there my whole life. Its about a mobster who appears to be a rat. Little did I know it is a 5 part mini-series and now I have to buy the rest of them when they come out. It was pretty good so far.

Will we be back?? i dont know. If i dont set up there, maybe ill go just to hang out. See you all at the next one (Steel-City Con, Chiller Theater, The National)!!

Jeff

P.S. Almost forgot. We stayed at a hotel somewhere in Pennsylvania and they had this huge statue of this guy holding a shotgun in his left hand, and a hand gun in his right hand. I thought maybe there was history behind it, you know like the civil war or something, so I asked the girl at the front desk who he was. And she replied, "Oh thats just big Jim. The statue is of the owners son." hm . I went in the car and slept with my Louisville slugger next to my bed that night.

Also forgot to mention i attended Vinny from Metropolis and Steve Borock 's panel on investing in comic books. Very informative and i learned a lot while listening to the discussions. Sorry for my cell phone going off though guys.

Also forgot to mention i attended Vinny from Metropolis and Steve Borock 's panel on investing in comic books. Very informative and i learned a lot while listening to the discussions. Sorry for my cell phone going off though guys.

Thanks for the deals! And thanks to Buck for the loan of his 2-wheel cart for lugging that stuff to my car. It would have killed me to carry that stuff out of there!

So tell us what did you learn at the Vinny/Steve panel?

:popcorn:

Basically that there are blue-chip books out there (early Actions, GA books, etc.) Then there are risk books. Basically it all came down to collect what you love, but not to be in-love with the books you are looking to make money on.

It was great seeing you there. The show seemed a little different this year but I had a great time.

Nice meeting you too. Good luck with your business. Those pins are nice, im sure they are going to do well.

Basically that there are blue-chip books out there (early Actions, GA books, etc.) Then there are risk books. Basically it all came down to collect what you love, but not to be in-love with the books you are looking to make money on.

And don't forget to mention..........Vinnie kept touching my leg during the whole thing :blush:

And don't forget to mention..........Vinnie kept touching my leg during the whole thing :blush:

:signfunny:

lol