• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Philly Comic Con - Sunday Oct 19 - Ken Kelly to appear!

7 posts in this topic

The next Philadelphia Comic-Con will be Sunday October 19th. Our comic book convention is being held at the Ramada Philadelphia Airport located at 76 Industrial Highway in Essington, PA. Those coming from Philadelphia and points North should use exit 9A off of I-95 and follow the signs to Route 291. The hotel will be down on the left. Those coming from Delaware and points South should use exit 8 off of I-95 and bear right at top of ramp. Go down to the second light which is Route 291 and make a left. The hotel will be a couple hundred yards down on the right hand side. It is also very convenient to public transportation as Septa Bus Route 37 stops right in front of the hotel.

The show hours to the public are from 10 AM to 4 PM and admission is only $3 per person. Kids 10 and under are free with a paying adult. There is also plenty of free parking. Dealers from six states will be setup on 60 tables. Comic books from the 1930’s to present day are bought, traded and sold. Also available will be non-sports cards, action figures, statues, original artwork and collecting supplies.

Fantasy artist Ken Kelly will be making his first appearance in Philadelphia at this convention. Throughout a career spanning over 30 years Ken Kelly has achieved an international reputation as a master painter of sword & sorcery and heroic fantasy. Kelly is best known for his Kiss “Destroyer” and “Love Gun” album covers, Conan, Famous Monsters, and Star wars. His more recent works include Man O War, Coheed and Cambria, Tomb Raider and Game Tap video game covers. Ken looks forward to meeting his fans and will be signing during show hours.

Any questions about the show can be directed to Derek Woywood of Collectors Comics at 856-782-0817. Derek is also available via e-mail at dwoywood@yahoo.com. More information can also be found on the web at www.philadelphiacomic-con.com

I will be selling comics.

But stop by and say hi anyways

At the last minute, my day is free --- I will check this show out for the first time. :banana:

I'll be sure to find you and say hello, Pat! BTW, I got the books from you last week, and they're great. Forgot to let you know.