• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kudos to Matt Nelson and Classic's Inc. Good Work!

1,247 posts in this topic

WOW...so any new label you buy in 9.2-9.6 has been pressed pressed pressed!!

Pressing has been going on for quite some time, old label, new label, really doesn't matter.

But as Pat said, not every high grade book has been pressed. In fact, I'd still wager the majority of high grade books haven't been pressed.

Probably not wrong.

But how long do you think we'll be able to say this?

Because with 9.2s and 9.4s, a hell of a lot of the defects are pressable for a shot at a resub.

Til tomorrow at 1pm. :sumo:

I've always been an avid supporter of Matt...there is NOTHING he can't do.

I decided to put that to the test one day.

This should put all doubt to rest.

BEFORE PRESSING---

1_ugly_people.jpg

AND....

AFTER PRESSING---

bikiniee6.jpg

Matt's the only guy to take a negative number and bring it to 10.0

Thanks buddy!! :thumbsup:

Pressing has been going on for quite some time, old label, new label, really doesn't matter.

But as Pat said, not every high grade book has been pressed. In fact, I'd still wager the majority of high grade books haven't been pressed.

Probably not wrong.

Because with 9.2s and 9.4s, a hell of a lot of the defects are pressable for a shot at a resub.

I will knock it to a 60/40 split in the next few years. He is pressing books by the truckload haha.

I really dont care anymore. People will press books, and they wont disclose it. And even when they do disclose the next guy may not..

No. Not every book is a candidate for pressing. John purposely sought out 9.4 books with pressable defects hoping to garner 9.6s.

He did it on purpose ! :o

:headbang:

No. Not every book is a candidate for pressing. John purposely sought out 9.4 books with pressable defects hoping to garner 9.6s.

Satan !!! :insane:

When I went to Matt at SDCC 2008 I brought about 10 CGC HG books (9.4/9.6’s), and I knew that he would most likely only choose 5 of them to be pressing candidates. I just wanted to make sure I knew what a good pressing candidate is, so I feel I am on the same page or at least have a good idea of what a good pressing book looks like.

I knew the ASM 121 was going to go to 9.6, and I was on the fence about the ASM 102.

The two books that will be graded week (X-men 112 and ASM 107) are the two me and Matt felt were definite next level presses up’s. I will post those pictures once I receive them back in a couple of weeks.

For anyone to think that most HG books can be pressed up to the next level really needs to understand what pressing is and what Matt looks for.

Satan !!! :insane:

:cloud9:

Probably not wrong.

I am sorry my friend but I would haVe to 100% disagree with you.

Out of my JB X-men 9.6 run I would say on 3-4 are resub worthy.

Probably not wrong.

I will knock it to a 60/40 split in the next few years. He is pressing books by the truckload haha.

I really dont care anymore. People will press books, and they wont disclose it. And even when they do disclose the next guy may not..

The 60/40 split is long gone my friend.

Probably not wrong.

Which is why I said 9.2-9.4? (shrug)

Probably not wrong.

Which is why I said 9.2-9.4? (shrug)

My point was that in any grade most books are NOT worthy of being pressed. Like FoolKiller said most HG books have not been pressed.

Off course pressing any book will help it look better and clean some of the defects out, however it wont fix the major defect(s) that is keeping most books from getting pressed up to the next level of grading.

My ASM 121 looked like a 9.6 when it was graded at a 9.4. My logic is if a books looks like the grade given then pressing is usually out.

Me and Matt could tell on the 4 books I gave to him that they looked better than the grade given and I could see what a little bit of pressing would do to get the job done.

something about the former primary grader for CGC being so pro manipulation just doesn't sit right with me. but sheit, like you said it's all about the bling bling
This thread didn't take long to digress. For the record, I've sent Matt books and been pleased with the results. I would caution people sometimes to really consider whether some defects can be removed with intact pressing. It's not the wonder drug cure-all some make it out to be.

Monstro: Borock's made his views known (after leaving) on pressing here before. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, I just wish he would commit to proactively disclosing. To discuss Monstro's point needs a thread of its own.

something about the former primary grader for CGC being so pro manipulation just doesn't sit right with me. but sheit, like you said it's all about the bling bling

Considering he is an active presser and he just said he submitted 32 books to Matt, then you should know that if you buy any CGC book from him it could be pressed, so just ask him if you aren't sure.

If any buyer is ever nervous of buying a pressed book then just ask any time you buy a CGC book on every purchase you make. It's called Hedging the risk.

Now whether the seller will tell you the truth, well lets hope. :wishluck:

This thread didn't take long to digress. For the record, I've sent Matt books and been pleased with the results. I would caution people sometimes to really consider whether some defects can be removed with intact pressing. It's not the wonder drug cure-all some make it out to be.

Monstro: Borock's made his views known (after leaving) on pressing here before. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, I just wish he would commit to proactively disclosing. To discuss Monstro's point needs a thread of its own.

lol

If I ever sell any of my "Pressed" books I will 100% disclose to each and any potential seller that the book was Pressed. I have marked the back of all my pressed books with a sticker to remind me not to forget to disclose.

I know that telling a buyer the book has been pressed will 99% not void the deal.

Come on lets face my ASM 102 CGC 9.6 WP is the best copy there is right now.

I will get paid if I ever sell that book. :insane: