• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A few GA gems - some pretty nice stuff here

47 posts in this topic

Trying to raise a little funds. The usual rules apply. Whoever commits to purchase first gets it, either by PM or posting in the thread. I'm certainly willing to listen to reasonable offers. We'll work out shipping & insurance on these after the sale to both of our satisfaction, but I'm going to mandate insurance on these. Paypal, MOs preferred, checks are ok in most situations but I may ask that it clear. Guaranteed unrestored unless disclosed, and no pressed books to my knowledge.

If I'm not very responsive to PMs tonight, it's because my in-laws are in town and I'm trying to be a good host.

Books upcoming...

All American 8 - GVG 3.0 the paper is white everywhere but the extreme edges which are a little creamy - overall excellent PQ. The cover is detached which makes this a GVG, but it is a really nice book.

I always thought this was an undervalued book as it's DC's second superhero - predating Green Lantern, et al. It's certainly not easy to find as anyone who collects early All American's can attest. It took me a few years to find my first copy which was a 1.5, and I bought this one about 4 years ago.

OSPG is $393, asking $375

66816.jpg.349d9e69faab40ec8eebc536f4fa8230.jpg

66817.jpg.849239f17900cb529cc0726c6425397b.jpg

All American 61 - I don't need to say much about this book. It simply doesn't come up for sale. When it does, it's either low-grade or restored due to the black background. CentaurMan's scarcity "Windex" suggests that this book is highly treasured as the number of slabbed copies sold is much fewer than the number slabbed. This is a beautiful copy with superb OW/W paper. The main defect is the crease visible in the scan, the mild spine roll, and a small piece of paper stuck to the inside of the front cover. This is a 1 x 1/3 inch piece of red paper with an "R" on it. It looks like a stray piece of wrapping paper got stuck and rather than peel it off, they just cut it to fit. It's inside the top right hand corner. It is NOT a support, and I would imagine it's been there for decades since there's a crease that runs over that corner and the piece of paper is creased with it.

Win bought this from Harley Yee as a VG+, and I traded him for it at VG+ as well. The crease is probably going to keep it at a strict VG 4.0, but it really is a very nice copy. Detective27Kid just sold a CGC 5.5 for $2800 which would make this roughly a $2100-2200 book. I'm pricing this for sale at $1750.

66818.jpg.84145c4ee8ec227d7ead406a4f24a96a.jpg

66819.jpg.64ccc8842553c1c30b4c4c258c28b2b0.jpg

Astonishing 4 - Ultra-classic Everett book. One of my all-time favorite Atlas books. The interior is every bit as cool as the cover. This is another one that's not easy to find. This copy is a solid VG. Asking $225. SOLD

66822.jpg.63683e5be66fd9e31a9a7c7772c084b9.jpg

All American 61 - I don't need to say much about this book. It simply doesn't come up for sale. When it does, it's either low-grade or restored due to the black background. CentaurMan's scarcity "Windex" suggests that this book is highly treasured as the number of slabbed copies sold is much fewer than the number slabbed. This is a beautiful copy with superb OW/W paper. The main defect is the crease visible in the scan, the mild spine roll, and a small piece of paper stuck to the inside of the front cover. This is a 1 x 1/3 inch piece of red paper with an "R" on it. It looks like a stray piece of wrapping paper got stuck and rather than peel it off, they just cut it to fit. It's inside the top right hand corner. It is NOT a support, and I would imagine it's been there for decades since there's a crease that runs over that corner and the piece of paper is creased with it.

Win bought this from Harley Yee as a VG+, and I traded him for it at VG+ as well. The crease is probably going to keep it at a strict VG 4.0, but it really is a very nice copy. Detective27Kid just sold a CGC 5.5 for $2800 which would make this roughly a $2100-2200 book. I'm pricing this for sale at $1750.

This is a serious grail of mine. Unfortunately I dont have anough stuff that would move quick enough to purchase. This book is incredible to say the least

Detective Picture Stories 5 - Incredibly hard book to find. When was the last time you saw one available? This is the first published Bob Kane "detective"-style art, and is listed as a Bruce Wayne prototype.

This copy has amateur color touch, some glue on the bottom of the spine on the first wrap, and the staples were replacecd. None of this was necessary, unfortunately. The paper is CR/OW to sight, but is much more supple than you'd expect for that color.

Looks like a GD+ or so to the sight. OSPG 2.0 is $180, I'm asking $250. If this was unrestored I'd ask twice that. SOLD

66823.jpg.145d7b758400637aa2c19a5d6fb49bb3.jpg

66824.jpg.20be212f1b62f2f6d86e68343eb85d7e.jpg

What are the defects on the Astonishing?

MIld overall wear. A little foxing on the spine and a few tiny (sub-millimeter) nicks on the spine. It might be more like a 4.5-5.0, but I want to make sure the buyers of these books are happy. I'm not a like dekeuk.

Astonishing 4 - Ultra-classic Everett book. One of my all-time favorite Atlas books. The interior is every bit as cool as the cover. This is another one that's not easy to find. This copy is a solid VG. Asking $225.

I'll take it.

What are the defects on the Astonishing?

MIld overall wear. A little foxing on the spine and a few tiny (sub-millimeter) nicks on the spine. It might be more like a 4.5-5.0, but I want to make sure the buyers of these books are happy. I'm not a like dekeuk.

:o

Frankenstein 1 VG+ 4.5 - excellent candidate for a pressing. This might go up to a 6.0-7.0 with a pressing. I'd do it myself, but I'm lazy and worried. These seem to always go for over guide on Ebay. I'm asking $300. Just wonderful Briefer stuff throughout.

66826.jpg.de5b3baf9e2395198574e0f04337ae22.jpg

66827.jpg.36e40ef70b61e4b92bad52f6d634f49b.jpg