• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for advice

28 posts in this topic

there will be a bunch of $25 doug mahnke pages with all types of dc characters listed shortly on these boards, so there is affordable art by top notch creators.

I have personally found buying from auctions has been cheaper than buying from a dealer or an artists rep. The Halloween cover I had was listed on the artists rep's site for 6K, and I got it on Ebay for about 1/6 of that price. My X-Men Forever cover sold for slightly more than the last time it was auctioned. Another cover from the series was listed on a dealer site at 2X what I bought mine at auction for. The only difference between the 2 covers is basically one features Juggernaut and the other Ice-Man, that's it.

Start off slow. If you are attending conventions, look at what's being offered to get a feel for which artists are charging what prices. You can't get art any cheaper than directly from an artist.

Cheers!

N

unless you deal with jonjesper

Start off slow. If you are attending conventions, look at what's being offered to get a feel for which artists are charging what prices. You can't get art any cheaper than directly from an artist.

Cheers!

N

unless you deal with jonjesper

I have to say that was a really nice way to get my feet wet in OA. I am certainly pleased with the pages I picked up and cant wait to see them.