• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone else excited about the new GI Joe series from IDW?

73 posts in this topic

I hate IDW and all the miniseries they have. I love Joe, but they are going to have 5 or more titles some months. That is just absurd. Then you add in the 50 million variant covers they have and I really, really, really , really hate that they got the license. I can take variants, but I can't take them every month on every book. It is stupid and makes me mad as a Joe completist. I hope they lose the license sooner than later.

Anyone reading GI JOE: COBRA? I wonder if #2 is worth hunting down (no more at my LCS).

I was pretty disappointed with #1. I think I'll get enough of my JOE thirst quenched with just the regular series. Especially with the $3.99 price, ugg!

I hate IDW and all the miniseries they have. I love Joe, but they are going to have 5 or more titles some months. That is just absurd. Then you add in the 50 million variant covers they have and I really, really, really , really hate that they got the license. I can take variants, but I can't take them every month on every book. It is stupid and makes me mad as a Joe completist. I hope they lose the license sooner than later.

I agree completely! An occasional varient is kinda cool - esp. if it's rare but two and three cover on EVERY D@MN ISSUE! Come on people... focus on the story and art and quit trying to soak every cent from comic fans, it just pushes people away from comics. I too am very disappointed that they do this and I hope they come to their senses soon!

I agree completely! An occasional varient is kinda cool - esp. if it's rare but two and three cover on EVERY D@MN ISSUE! Come on people... focus on the story and art and quit trying to soak every cent from comic fans, it just pushes people away from comics. I too am very disappointed that they do this and I hope they come to their senses soon!

I kind of thought this would be pretty obvious of IDW's tactics once they launched all 3 series at $3.99 cover price. meh