• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I want to thank...

26 posts in this topic

Ron Murry. If it hasn't been stated before (don't you dare show me a link), Ron is one heckuva guy. He has been very kind to me over the years and this last week he outdid himself and showed up at my place with some nice war books, some beer and the ingredients to make a very memorable Thai lemongrass soup. He told some killer stories and pretty much sold me the best war books I have ever scored. But lets talk about the soup.

First he infused some peanut oil with lemongrass. Then he added some chopped sweet potato and a chopped yam.He followed that with a red bell pepper, some sort of yellow squash, carrot, Chinese eggplant,bok choy, Thai basil, vegetable stock,tofu, salt to taste, coconut milk, and chives.

Now, I am not a soup fan in the least, but this stuff was magical. In fact I am having leftovers for lunch today. Many thanks Ron!

Ron is in SF and didn't call us yet again???? FOR SHAME, RON!!!! :sumo:

Mike is right though - Ron Murry is one of the best people in the hobby, not just as a dealer, but as a human being. He's a great guy.

Yep, Ronnie rocks! One of my best friends in the hobby!

Pam thinks it's strange, but cute, that he calls me from concerts and leaves recordins of partial songs. I think it's great!

If you are all really nice to me, I will tell you about a DVD that you can see Ronnie and I dancing to some killer music. It's a real laugh! :blush: