• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First time I am having an eBay buyer who won't contact me.

11 posts in this topic

This Auction

Is jldeadhead a deadbeat? confused.gif

He has bought a few other comics on eBay.

No contact after 4 days.

Do I have to wait the full 10 days before offering it to the second bidder?

I've never had a disappearing bidder before.

Disappearing sellers yes...

I had one bidder not pay, but he was nice enough to email me and let me know he had a problem (even though it was only a <$10 item).

893frustrated.gif

Welcome to the club. I remember once where I had to auction an $800 item three times because the winners of the first two auctions were deadbeat bidders. Luckily, the winner of the third auction payed up or else I probably would have lost my sanity as a seller.

My suggestion to you, based on my experience, is follow the ebay rules by the book. Send him reminder emails and if he doesn't pay up in the alloted time or work something out, report him to ebay so you can get your auction fees refunded. If they get reported as a non-paying bidder three times then their ebay id gets revoked.

Consider this:

4 days isn't really a long time. The guy could be on vacation, out of town on business, or whatever. I don't even think about sending a reminder until at least a week has gone by. I do try to remember to click the eBay send an invoice button shortly after an auction ends, but after that I don't worry about it for about a week.

He may have already mailed a payment and is not replying simply because he's already paid and doesn't think its necessary. (Mail is starting to slow down because of the holidays. Not bad yet, but it may impact you a day on snail mail.)

Your emails may not be getting through.

Make sure your email address on eBay is correct. My ISP changed over some email stuff and the email address I had on record on eBay stopped working. I have several email addresses, so I didn't even notice for a couple of weeks until one of my customers called me up.

His computer may have crashed.

His ISP could be rejecting your emails, your ISP could be rejecting his.

Give it a few more days before worrying overmuch.

Several times I've gotten payments from bidders a week to 10 days after an auction ends without any other notice from them.

I also had the post office deliver to me a couple of weeks ago a payment letter from a customer sent back in June! Took 4 months to get here!

Best of luck on completing the sale.

PS: Not meaning to be ominous, but my eBay/PayPal credit card chargeback scam problems (chronicled in another post) included the sale of a Defenders #1 for about the same price as yours.

Thanks for the pointers.

I guess I've been lucky to go since 1999 and nearly 250 sales without a major hitch.

Well I'll send a third email Saturday and if no reply by Sunday (7 days) I'll try phoning him Monday.

I need his shipping address before I can send a Paypal invoice. blush.gif

Consider this:

4 days isn't really a long time. The guy could be on vacation..........

Yup. A couple of years ago I had to go out of town for about a week for my grandfathers funeral. I left the same day I won an auction I was bidding on. Needless to say, the last thing I was interested in while being out of town was checking e-mail or Ebay, and to be honest I completely forgot about the auction. Two days after I got home and 9 days after the auction had ended I got around to reading e-mail and found the "winning bidder" e-mail from e-bay. I Paypaled the seller, e-mailed him and got the book a few days later.

The way I see it that's the reason for the 10 day waiting period. You have no way of knowing why he hasn't contacted you so just hold off for the ten day. If you don't hear from him in ten, then lay the smack down! grin.gif