• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

COPPER comics from the Charlotte ComicCon

5 posts in this topic

found a few books for which I was willing to pay a dime this weekend but, other than that, almost walked out empty-handed. Went by the Heroes & Dragons booth one more time, and I saw the back of a TMNT #2 sitting there. Asked about it, and it turned out he had a #4 that totally fit my requirements as well. I already had a #2 and was pretty wishy-washy on it, but I was definitely happy to find a #4.

Since he had that, I kept poking... ended up picking up a Caliber Presents #1 and the '96 "Dead Time" mini... which... well, whatever on that one. Got offered a pretty good deal and everything together with the TMNT 2 tho, so I ended up just getting them all. I didn't notice until I got home, but after comparing the 2 with the 2 I already had, I'm pretty scared that this issue was trimmed... significantly. I should have noticed it, but I'd decided against it until he offered me a good price on the lot. Anyway. Here's what I picked up. What do you guys think about the trimming?

TMNT 2
2-NM-Thumb.jpg 2Back-NM-Thumb.jpg
TMNT 4
4-VFNMThumb.jpg 4Back-VFNMThumb.jpg
Caliber Presents 1
1-VFNMThumb.jpg 1Back-VFNMThumb.jpg

here's my other #2 for comparison:

found a few books for which I was willing to pay a dime this weekend but, other than that, almost walked out empty-handed. Went by the Heroes & Dragons booth one more time, and I saw the back of a TMNT #2 sitting there. Asked about it, and it turned out he had a #4 that totally fit my requirements as well. I already had a #2 and was pretty wishy-washy on it, but I was definitely happy to find a #4.

Since he had that, I kept poking... ended up picking up a Caliber Presents #1 and the '96 "Dead Time" mini... which... well, whatever on that one. Got offered a pretty good deal and everything together with the TMNT 2 tho, so I ended up just getting them all. I didn't notice until I got home, but after comparing the 2 with the 2 I already had, I'm pretty scared that this issue was trimmed... significantly. I should have noticed it, but I'd decided against it until he offered me a good price on the lot. Anyway. Here's what I picked up. What do you guys think about the trimming?

2-VF+Thumb.jpg 2Back-VF+Thumb.jpg

It's not like Foss's shop is a long drive or nothing...

*edit; actually, after checking the two copies in Photoshop, it doesn't look like there's any trimming going on. The books appear to be the same size, but wrapped significantly differently. One's bound edge is about a 1/4" up and to the left of the other...if that makes sense

yeah... I really need to get down to his store at some point. I'm thinking of going to the post-Thanksgiving fall sale. If you're interested in that and splitting gas costs, lmk...

as for the trimming... it's not only that the cover seems to fall differently, but the physical size of the comic is smaller than my other #2... and it's a LOT smaller than the #4... just seemed strange to me. Still a nice book tho, and I still think I got a pretty good price for all the stuff together.

Dude always seems happy to talk about comics and... well... pretty much whatever. Which can sometimes be annoying, but he's pretty cool about it all.