• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

We've seen your valuable comics: How much money do you make?

224 posts in this topic

I still don't go past 29 (tsk) That's where I draw the line :sumo:

You have no idea what you're missing :gossip:

;)

Wrinkles are a no-no for me :gossip:

many many women in their 30's are wrinkle free :cloud9:

I have yet to really see that hm

They are out there my young friend. I need to take you to some Greek Islands where you can view women in their 30s and 40s that will blow your socks off, among other instruments :baiting:

40s :eek::baiting:

You should see some of the 40 year old soccer moms that walk into my shop. I can also vouch that most do not have wrinkles when they visit during the summer months :luhv:

My mother is 42 so I prefer not to think about women who have kids my age :insane:

lol

There really is nothing more beautiful than an older woman (over 30 or 35) who has done everything in life, had children, has taken the time to take care of herself, and now knows exactly what she wants.

I never did have more than 5 minutes of conversation for those 20 something girls who only cared about if they were wearing the latest clothes, listening to the lates music or if they had turned down enough phone numbers in a week. These chicks can take their egos and flush them down the toilet for all I care.

Once you get past the glamor most young women are so wrapped up in themselves that nobody can get close. If you manage to get close then they are such hard work that it's like owning a purebred poodle. Who needs that?

R.

(thumbs u

Best quote of the day

Sounds like a certain someone didn't get laid much growing up ? ....... :whistle:

:jokealert:

au contraire - in my youth I had girlfriends younger and much older than me (girlfriends18 -45 - wife is now 34)- a full sampling to base my view on :D

My dream car is (like Gene) the Ferrari F430. I passed by the Ferrari dealership and was reminded why it's my dream car :cloud9: . Unfortunately that's probably never going to happen so while that remains my unrealistic dream car, this is my somewhat realistic :insane: in future car .

Well, I wouldn't say it's my dream car, but among current production models, I'd say my favorites are the Ferrari F430 Spider, the Ferrari 430 Scuderia, the new Lambo Gallardo LP560-4, the Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione and the Aston Martin DBS. :insane:

I'd say my dream car among newer models is the limited edition Lamborghini Reventon, while I am a sucker for the Aston Martin DB5 and the 1964 1/2 to 1966 and 1968 Ford Mustangs among the classics. :cloud9:

Here's the Reventon for those who don't know it...came out this year and only 20 were made (plus one for the factory)...insanely awesome.

67023.jpg.4ab246a38c8588df33c2a08ae4861079.jpg

67024.jpg.db59bb2902f1da72ee2346084bd0f0d3.jpg

I still don't go past 29 (tsk) That's where I draw the line :sumo:

You have no idea what you're missing :gossip:

;)

Wrinkles are a no-no for me :gossip:

many many women in their 30's are wrinkle free :cloud9:

I have yet to really see that hm

They are out there my young friend. I need to take you to some Greek Islands where you can view women in their 30s and 40s that will blow your socks off, among other instruments :baiting:

40s :eek::baiting:

You should see some of the 40 year old soccer moms that walk into my shop. I can also vouch that most do not have wrinkles when they visit during the summer months :luhv:

Trying to teach MutantKeys to chase 30-40 year-olds is like trying to teach your dog how to chase cars. He's not going to know what the hell to do with one if he catches one, so what's the point?

That looks like Paul Frere standing next to the 911 Turbo.

EDIT nevermind, i just read it...it is Paul Frere.

That car has stolen my heart for life.

(worship)

My favorite Ruf Porsche was their NATO green in house test vehicle. Remember that one?

I mean who paints their prototype Porsche test vehicle in flat radar evading NATO green?

R.

Uh, yeah. That one. I just blew my load.

:cry:

My heart actually aches when I reread these articles and remember how I felt as a kid...wow. That just made my day.

Thanks!

(thumbs u

Even though I grew up in the Reagan '80s, aside from Sonny Crockett's Ferrari Testarossa, I can't say that I have fond memories of the cars. I mean, I get why people still love the enduring, classic designs from the late '50s to early '70s, but by the time you get to the '80s and "modern" styling, I don't think the cars have really held up well over the years. I mean, I look at those cars from the Road & Track scans and all I see are some truly ugly cars that aren't, on average, any quicker than my BMW (only the Ferrari and Porsche put up faster 0-60 times, and just barely at that) and which couldn't hold a candle to today's supercars in terms of either styling or performance. (shrug):sorry:

Not that I didn't appreciate the scans though - thanks, it was interesting to see how far we've come in the last 20-25 years in terms of automotive design and performance. (thumbs u

Even though I grew up in the Reagan '80s, aside from Sonny Crockett's Ferrari Testarossa, I can't say that I have fond memories of the cars. I mean, I get why people still love the enduring, classic designs from the late '50s to early '70s, but by the time you get to the '80s and "modern" styling, I don't think the cars have really held up well over the years. I mean, I look at those cars from the Road & Track scans and all I see are some truly ugly cars that aren't, on average, any quicker than my BMW (only the Ferrari and Porsche put up faster 0-60 times, and just barely at that) and which couldn't hold a candle to today's supercars in terms of either styling or performance. (shrug):sorry:

Not that I didn't appreciate the scans though - thanks, it was interesting to see how far we've come in the last 20-25 years in terms of automotive design and performance. (thumbs u

I think the Countach is still much more beautiful than anything Lamborghini has produced since. Less driveable, but more beautiful.

I think the Countach is still much more beautiful than anything Lamborghini has produced since. Less driveable, but more beautiful.

I'll give you "much more outrageous", but "much more beautiful"? I think the 2008 Reventon is the coolest and best-looking car Lambo has ever produced (yes, moreso than the Miura or Countach), hands down, though, for its time, the Countach pegged the outrageous scale.

Here's a couple of Lambo snaps I took on Sunday - a couple of classics first (I think the one on the right is a Countach and the one on the left is a Diablo, but don't hold me to that...I always get them confused). Plus, a pair of 2009 Gallardo LP560-4s, with aggressive styling cues borrowed from the Reventon and boasting what many critics say is the best performance ever out of a Lambo:

67043.jpg.d2fe05fbacce9728a1752aedef04061b.jpg

67044.jpg.c7df6ac43d1880dd649967620cccd7b7.jpg

I love the 80s exotic cars.

One word.... character. Today's exotic cars all look fairly similar to me. The same uninspired, curvy, aerodynamic shapes (or angular, in the case of the Italians). How fast do you really need to go on any given day anyway? Everything above 150 mph is just an interesting statistic and a way to keep score.

I'll take a 930 or a Volante or a Testarossa from the 80s anyday.

I dunno, most of the cars from the '80s just seem dated with their boxy lines, ugly wheels, cheap & hideous interiors, etc. I mean, everything in a modern supercar is superior, from the engine to the headlights to the windshield wipers. As for performance, one may never need to top 150 mph, but when the 0-60 time on my daily commuter car is faster than a Countach, handles an order of magnitude better and has more comfort and luxury by far, I'm not sure there is so much to be nostalgically wistful about. :sorry:

One of my colleagues drives a Testarossa and it really doesn't match up well against the newer Ferraris. I mean, don't get me wrong, I still think it's the coolest car from the decade, but there's a reason why you can buy one used for $60K on eBay whereas a new F430 Spider is going to set you back 5x as much. hm

Anyway, if the newer exotics lack character, I think I can do without it! (shrug)

67047.jpg.b1d2aec8f8f25c12b7973c793f67f753.jpg

67048.jpg.74d3006f09190e5f4ad19632925216b1.jpg

67049.jpg.781aac05b50841a141e9887ddf6f5a1b.jpg

67050.jpg.49607207df5607bdd1a5662d49838201.jpg

67051.jpg.52e64161a1c7341fc691bdaf8d8077f8.jpg

Anyway, if the newer exotics lack character, I think I can do without it! (shrug)

To each his own. :P Every generation the cars get better performance and comfort-wise. I love 50s Ferraris and Aston Martins, but I wouldn't want to drive one everyday. But I would be willing to trade some comfort and performance for a exotic car that I love.

To each his own. :P Every generation the cars get better performance and comfort-wise. I love 50s Ferraris and Aston Martins, but I wouldn't want to drive one everyday. But I would be willing to trade some comfort and performance for a exotic car that I love.

I think Gene's statement is very typical of the new millenium.

Cars by necessity become more fuel efficient and more compact. Inside space is maximized and many parts are shared between manufacturers to save cost. This is a normal and unavoidable trend. The main reason most cars look alike (or more alike) nowadays is because there really is only one perfect aerodynamic shape...the backwards rain drop...and all cars need to get as close to this shape as possible while still trying to look "different".

In this amalgamation of technology It is very difficult for a car to keep it's character.

The 80's and early 90's were a time where technology was not advanced enough to take away a cars visual character. It was a transition time before function actually took over form. That is the reason I find that time period the most appealing.

Look at a Porsche 911 Turbo from the top. Is there anything more beautiful than the classic "hourglass" design? Sorry but I am a sucker for curves and this car has them from every angle.

Anybody remember that old Pirelli ad with a shot of the metallic yellow 911 Turbo slinking in the shadows?

The Countach is not your classic beautiful as much as it is gawdy and baroque. It was like Anna Nicole Smith...all over the place, in your face and full of surprises...but something that everyone wants.

Here's a couple of Lambo snaps I took on Sunday - a couple of classics first (I think the one on the right is a Countach and the one on the left is a Diablo, but don't hold me to that...I always get them confused). Plus, a pair of 2009 Gallardo LP560-4s, with aggressive styling cues borrowed from the Reventon and boasting what many critics say is the best performance ever out of a Lambo:

The one on the right is a Countach all right, but that black front fender is all wrong :o