• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

We've seen your valuable comics: How much money do you make?

224 posts in this topic

I always tried to like the Mclaren and never could. Race car for the street but just never could get my heart into it.

:o

I actually like the way the Bugatti looks better than the Mclaren.

:foryou:

:eek:

I always tried to like the Mclaren and never could. Race car for the street but just never could get my heart into it.

Surface area and curves.

:whistle:

Surface area and curves.

:whistle:

:screwy:

What a insufficiently_thoughtful_person 'ROY' is, the AMERICAN V8...is most likely the GREATEST engine EVER produced. PERIOD!!!!

Flat 6

Yup, gotta agree with Bill.

I'm sorry but I have grown up in a car family that loved the American V8 and I find nothing to like about it (yes I can read your posts when someone else quotes them, Question).

I have grown up around Cadillacs, Chevys, Hemis and whatever else you can think of.

I measure greatness not by cost but by achievement.

The flat 6 horizontally opposed boxer motor that made Porsche is in my opinion one of the most beautifully designed motors of all time. Beautiful to look at, beautiful to work on, smooth as silk and a sound that is unparalleled except for the Italians...and there should be no surprise there.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

If I'm a m o r o n then what does that make you when we talk about cars?

R.

Would you like to participate in a contest of automotive knowledge????hm I think i'd bust your Canadian in two :makepoint:

ANYONE, that thinks a EUROPEAN engine is superior to the American V8 is a assmunch! PERIOD! Given the Euros have been 'trying' to COPY the sound, and performance, of the American V8 for DECADES with ZERO comparison in either :headbang:

the FLAT SIX???? that's a F@#Ktard motor in comparison :gossip:

of course, you must mean "an assmunch!" or perhaps and "an assmuncher!"

the grammar police

:gossip:and this is not an endorsement of assmunchery of any type, shape or form, nor any kind of agreement that Roy is indeed an assmuncher...., not that that is necessarily a bad thing, either. Why, some of my best friends are probably assmunchers..., in fact I might be an occasional muncher or munchee, but you sir, will never rise to such lofty aspirations, as you will forever be a friendless shill...,

For the record I saw one of the coolest things I've ever seen in real life. Anybody know what a 1984 Ferrari GTO is? I had one drive by me and Lou in downtown London, Ontario yesterday as we were out for brunch.

Talk about how much dough you need to drive one of those around. There were only about 280 built, it was not street legal in North America and just the insurance is probably more expensive than my mortgage.

:cloud9:

And the sound....THE SOUND!!!

:cloud9::cloud9:

R.

anyone that knows me, knows that is my dream car!

I had a chance to buy on in 2002 and didn't have the cahones to pull the trigger...tried to buy one earlier this year, but it had already sold before I even found out about it :frustrated:

Rick what is the market value on those? I know it was a few $MIL back in the day but I have no idea now. Between the GTO and the Porsche 959 there really was not other car on the same playing field back then.

The Ruf CTR was faster than both on the top end and faster than the GTO from 0-60, but the 959 and GTO were definitely sick cars in their own right.

Yeah and Ruf was technically a manufacturer...but not in any real sense in my eyes. Don't get me wrong, the "yellow bird" was sick as a street car that could sing along at 211 MPH 20 years ago, but it just always struck me as a kit car manufacturer much like AMG was until Benz took over.

R.

When I think of "kit cars," I think of people who made Pontiac Fieros into Ferrari Testarossa knockoffs by cutting off the body panels and fastening crappy plastic panels in place to make the car resemble something it wasn't. Rufs weren't kit cars. They were either Porsche chassis with Ruf parts added to create an end product that was lighter, leaner, and far more powerful than any car Porsche offered, or they were Porsche Carreras that were stripped of most of the Porsche parts and made into the same end product as the car made from the Porsche chassis. Calling a Ruf a kit car is like calling a Shelby Mustang a kit car.

For that matter, the Porsche 959 wasn't really a production car. It was a Group B rally car that was made into a certain number of units simply to satisfy FIA homologation regulations. The 959 famously cost more than twice as much to build as it sold for. At least the Ruf was sold at a profit and didn't exist solely to satisfy rally regulations.

For the record I saw one of the coolest things I've ever seen in real life. Anybody know what a 1984 Ferrari GTO is? I had one drive by me and Lou in downtown London, Ontario yesterday as we were out for brunch.

Talk about how much dough you need to drive one of those around. There were only about 280 built, it was not street legal in North America and just the insurance is probably more expensive than my mortgage.

:cloud9:

And the sound....THE SOUND!!!

:cloud9::cloud9:

R.

anyone that knows me, knows that is my dream car!

I had a chance to buy on in 2002 and didn't have the cahones to pull the trigger...tried to buy one earlier this year, but it had already sold before I even found out about it :frustrated:

Rick what is the market value on those? I know it was a few $MIL back in the day but I have no idea now. Between the GTO and the Porsche 959 there really was not other car on the same playing field back then.

The Ruf CTR was faster than both on the top end and faster than the GTO from 0-60, but the 959 and GTO were definitely sick cars in their own right.

Yeah and Ruf was technically a manufacturer...but not in any real sense in my eyes. Don't get me wrong, the "yellow bird" was sick as a street car that could sing along at 211 MPH 20 years ago, but it just always struck me as a kit car manufacturer much like AMG was until Benz took over.

R.

When I think of "kit cars," I think of people who made Pontiac Fieros into Ferrari Testarossa knockoffs by cutting off the body panels and fastening crappy plastic panels in place to make the car resemble something it wasn't. Rufs weren't kit cars. They were either Porsche chassis with Ruf parts added to create an end product that was lighter, leaner, and far more powerful than any car Porsche offered, or they were Porsche Carreras that were stripped of most of the Porsche parts and made into the same end product as the car made from the Porsche chassis. Calling a Ruf a kit car is like calling a Shelby Mustang a kit car.

For that matter, the Porsche 959 wasn't really a production car. It was a Group B rally car that was made into a certain number of units simply to satisfy FIA homologation regulations. The 959 famously cost more than twice as much to build as it sold for. At least the Ruf was sold at a profit and didn't exist solely to satisfy rally regulations.

I know exactly what you mean but Porsche and Ferrari build their cars ground up while Alois Ruf starts with a Porsche chassis and then improves on it is all I meant. Don't get me wrong...very cool cars...and Ruf is a legitimate German DOT approved (whatever their acronym is) manurfacturer...his cars get all new serial numbers, are no longer considered Porsches and are imported here an new Ruf cars. I actually used to work for the Canadian distributor of Ruf cars in the mid 90's for 2-3 years. I lay my hands on some really sweet machinery.

R.

"Aerodynamics are for those who can't build engines" - Enzo Ferrari.

That's a great quote. I've remembered this since I heard it as a kid on an audio tape.

"Every problem that is set forth to a man is solvable."

Ferdinand Porsche.

I guess that is how they made that bumblebee 911 work.

R.

Would you dorks get back to talking about salaries and schlong sizes? Your derailment has caused people to continue to post to that asinine most valuable book thread.

Would you dorks get back to talking about salaries and schlong sizes? Your derailment has caused people to continue to post to that asinine most valuable book thread.

This thread had such potential. :sorry:

For those that have not seen it this is the Bugatti Veyron doing 250 MPH. Linky

It's automotive madness.

I saw that a while back. Something it would go through a gallon of gas a minute at that speed and if you hit a piece of gravel on the road you were done for. If it is the same video. The trees going by so fast was crazy. I would love to have one and someone ask me to race. i would say, "yeah sure, let me warm up the other 500 horses first." lol

Having worked on automobiles for the majority off my life,

I can undeniably say that they all suk :busy:

I can almost agree with that except for the Mazda Rx7 and the Lamborghini Miura.

I disagree. I had 2 1986 Mazda RX-7's that both overheated - something about the rubber O-rings corroding or something, which would have required the "short block" repair option to the tune of $1300 (in 1993 dollars). Fun to drive cars, but the cheap plastic interior parts and the above problem made me swear off Mazda's forever.

My dream car is (like Gene) the Ferrari F430. I passed by the Ferrari dealership and was reminded why it's my dream car :cloud9: . Unfortunately that's probably never going to happen so while that remains my unrealistic dream car, this is my somewhat realistic :insane: in future car .

untitled-2.jpg

My dream car has lots of leg room and head room. Big, comfy seats and upholstery. A good stereo. And automatic transmission so I can drive, eat, talk on my cell phone and write all at the same time.